Is there an easy way to align new items?

Hello again. I have recently decided to get into making some voxel models and I’ve been thoroughly enjoying it. Since then I’ve amassed more than just a couple models that I would like to see in the game (which was my goal in the first place).

I’ve looked into getting it aligned and so far it’s just going over my head. Coupled with the prospect of doing it for as many items as I’ve prepared and it’s a daunting realization. Is there an easy way or is the following list the gist of how I’ll have to go about it? For context I made my models in MagicaVoxel and none of the ones I’ve tried appear to center by default.

• Make a bunch of json files for each object with zeroes for offsets and collisions
  • Import .qb into VoxelShop
  • Resize boundary box and recenter in VoxelShop
  • Export out of VoxelShop
  • Repeat with Iconic .qb
  • Zip file and rename to .smod and place in Stonehearth Mods folder
  • Start game and fiddle with the offsets and collisions for the object and its iconic
  • Return to unzipped version
  • Copy and paste changes manually into (or manually edit the zeroes in) appropriate files
  • Zip and rename again. Replace old mod.
  • Reopen game and make sure it’s aligned correctly

Repeat until all objects are done

I don’t mean to complain …okay maybe a little… but I do want to know if there’s a better/faster/easier way to go about it. I have well over 50 objects and it’d be swell if I didn’t have to import and recenter and re-export each and every one.

If there is no easier way than what I described, is it at least possible to determine what the offsets and collision numbers will be without having to put it in the game and mess with it there?

Thank you for taking the time to read my topic.

You can skip the zipping and unzipping steps. Stonehearth will load mods from a folder exactly the same as from a s’mod file (your mod folder can be placed in the Stonehearth Mods folder).

I’ve heard there is a setting that enables a shift-F5 key command that will reload the game files, so you could get the steps down to:

• Make a bunch of json files for each object with zeroes for offsets and collisions
  • Import .qb into VoxelShop
  • Resize boundary box and recenter in VoxelShop
  • Export out of VoxelShop
  • Repeat with Iconic .qb
  • Start game and fiddle with the offsets and collisions for the object and its iconic
  • Copy and paste changes manually into (or manually edit the zeroes in) appropriate files
  • press shift-F5
  • make sure it’s aligned correctly

Details regarding shift-F5 key command:

4 Likes

Alright, that’s a bit less back-and-forth. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

I think with the debug tools you can do it in game, no need to reload or quit, etc. Don’t quote me though. Or do when I’m wrong, lol.