Recommendations/ ideas for this city?

im currently building a new city, and yes, its again a desert one (what can i say, i like it there)

unfortunately i hit an artistic blockade… so im wondering, what could /should i add next?

any ideas?

4 Likes

Town looks nice - I really like the sheets for shade; awesome touch!

Personally, I feel like a really bright color (maybe white or orange) is what’s missing - but my color-preferences may of course not be in line with yours :slight_smile:

1 Like

should add some stone brick roads that fade out of the town, some low fences here and there, and maybe a small pier or fishing dock. should give it a nice cozy feel

3 Likes

I can’t make a town without building roads nowadays… it’s almost addicting.

4 Likes

Awesome town! I plan to dl some of your uploads btw. If you are really invested, perhaps consider terraforming and replacing the buildings on different height levels?

1 Like

Maybe consider adding a dock too?

1 Like

Every town needs a defensive garrison. Something with outer walls, a court yard, a secure area to store weapons, and somewhere citizens can retreat to in times of danger. It can also be tall and imposing.

1 Like

yeah, i agree, but the lack for colourfull blocks really hurts stuff like that tho :,C

terraforming? i dont use console tho

sure, but thats a given XD
usually that comes at last tho, since its much easier building roads when your full city layout is already done

1 Like

you can do it without console. Just build the land up like a building

1 Like

you mean just with the cubes?
can you build buildings and then other buildings ONTOP?
since using blocks to build terrain would technically count as… a building?

There are some bright colors in there if you browse all selections; I don’t think there is a bright orange though? :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes. Please go wild on this. It is really awesome to see some desert themed cities.

4 Likes

oh boy that changes quite some things

1 Like

nevermind, building editor killed my town again with an unusuable(editable) and unremovable blueprint,

sigh
edit, nevermind, blessed be good saves

1 Like

looking forward to seeing what you do!

1 Like