Rayya Red Clay Homes build bug(ladder / scaffolding)

Summary:

the highlighted ladder is for the scaffolding between the mid and upper house.
It is in the wall and that is why it can not be deconstructed

Can someone confirm this?

Version Number and Mods in use:
A20 r699 x64
Stonehearth Café
Patrol Points
Yang & co’s Armoury
Hearthlings of Many Faces
Slabs with terrain colors
Settlement Decor Mod

1 Like

I can take a look. I just started one of these yesterday before saving and quitting. When I pick it back up later today I’ll have a close look.

1 Like

Yes. This is exactly what I was reporting earlier. And that one ladder is NOT the only one that causes problems and prevents the building from finishing. I think there are at least two others that go inside blocks, including one, tiny 2-rung ladder that I can’t find until the building is removed/destroyed completely (it is left hanging in mid air).

By the way, I use no mods and version a20r699, so it isn’t a conflict with any of those either.

1 Like

Can confirm. My Red Clay Homes building gets stuck at exactly the same point.

1 Like

I had this happen also on a tan colored roof of that design. No mods on my side

1 Like

I am not sure if this is related but while build a three layer wall I had some scaffolding/building Problems.

As you can see the scaffolding in the middle is build on part of the wall but after Building the inner wall, my hearthlings can not reach the scaffolding to destroy it and to build the outer layer.
I have to place a ladder manually that they can destroy the scaffolding to start Building a scaffolding for the outer wall, to start Building it.

Confusing :smiley:

@Streetwind

Do you have any mods installed?

None at the time of building that. Yesterday night I added Better Stockpiles and Unit Frame Activities, but that was my first foray into SH modding ever (I’m fairly new).

1 Like

Can confirm, I’ve tried 10 times now to build the Forge preset. They just leave the scaffolding up and stop building. I have attempted to fix it by removing parts of the house - I took off all extra items except for the door on the top floor, but they then refused to add the door and again left the scaffolding up despite all of the walls and roof being otherwise finished.

I’ve also seen the 2 rung ladder hanging midair after removing several times. Once you remove the building you can build a manual ladder up to the side of it to remove it. I guess my blacksmith is just doomed to be homeless unless and until an update comes to fix this issue.

Going to need some saves to test with please. I’m unable to reproduce issues with any of the built-in templates.

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Also, welcome to the Discourse @cheri!

Thanks!

It is however telling me that new users can’t upload attachments :frowning:

I bumped your trust level, so you should be good. Can you try refreshing the site? If that doesn’t work, log out and back in. :thinking:.

1486012880569.zip (8.2 MB)

It might be worth mentioning that I broke the Goblin storyline by building a moat… I got the notification that Ogo the great was going to plunder my village, but I held off accepting for 3 minutes while the moat was finished, and when I accepted, nothing happened and I haven’t seen a Goblin since :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh hold up, let me give you an updated save. I believe that save is from before I tried building the Forge

1 Like

Also the 1st save I uploaded SHOULD have an error where a clay lamp interferes with a ladder, preventing them from placing the last window. It took me like a day to figure out why the ladders were still there because I had the building vision changed.

1486084626119.zip (8.7 MB)

1 Like

Sitting down for dinner, will take a look later tonight.

OK - that’s odd. I can confirm that the building is stuck in your save, and attempting to make a new one also didn’t work. However, I was successful building 3 forges when I tested in a microworld. @Relyss, any thoughts on what’s going on here? My test in @cheri’s save had all the necessary, was built with nothing near it on any side, but still got stuck :confused: :thinking:.

It sounds like your version @jomaxro may not be the same as the one we are using through Steam?

I’m having the same problems. :glum:

It’s the same version - release-701. When I load the save it fails. When I load the mod microworld (just a tiny piece of land useful for testing) it works fine. I can’t think of any reason why it would work in microworld but not work in a loaded save - that’s why I pinged Relyss.

Here is my latest save game, the same problem should occur there.
Mods in use are still the same as in my first post.
Stonehearth Café
Patrol Points
Yang & co’s Armoury
Hearthlings of Many Faces
Slabs with terrain colors
Settlement Decor Mod

I started the mod with release 699 and my game got updated to release 701