[A20] The buildings my hearthlings will not build (round 4!)

This is a three layer wall.
As you can see the scaffolding in the middle is build on part of the wall but after Building the inner wall, my hearthlings can not reach the scaffolding to destroy it and to build the outer layer.
I have to place a ladder manually that they can destroy the scaffolding to start Building a scaffolding for the outer wall, to start Building it.

Confusing :smiley:

Edit:
Here is an example when the two other walls are build first:

1 Like

I will add the Weaver’s House and the Red Clay Homes from the Rayya’s Children templates to this list. Neither will build completely due to misplaced ladders/scaffolding - as far as I can tell, anyway.

I didn’t add any extra pictures or data since others have reported the same issue. I will do so if needed, of course.

Hmm…I can build both of them just fine. Are you sure you’re not encountering this bug? I did have to create more clay bricks then initially listed, but once I made the extras the buildings completed.

1 Like

Hmmm, I’m sure. The buildings had all pieces crafted by the time I gave up and either removed them or used “ib”. The workers weren’t coming by to do anything for quite a while. Also, the picture that @groms posted of one ladder for the Red Clay Homes is exactly what happens for me every time I try to construct it. I’m not sure what happened with the Weaver’s House, but the side area for crafting didn’t even finish the walls and roof.

I’m not using any mods, just a20r701 - choosing Rayya’s Children as the faction, desert as the biome, and normal as the difficulty.

In groms’s picture, it looked like he was working on a wall, he didn’t mention anything about the weaver or red clay templates. Since the templates are working for me, I’d have to assume there’s something else going on. The only mod I’m running is debug tools - which doesn’t affect building in any way.

Can you please upload a save where the red clay home is not building?

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Ah, fudgie. I just got past that on my last build of the Red Clay Homes and used IB. Tomorrow or whenever I do another one I definitely will. And the picture I mentioned of grom’s wasn’t the wall. It was the first in this thread: Rayya Red Clay Homes build bug(ladder / scaffolding)

Also, I just built a third Weaver’s House and it built fine. O.o I have no idea what happened the other two times, though.

2 Likes

Edit:
Ups Golden had posted the url already … nevermind :smiley:
And I do not think that a mod is at fault since @Omegasa had no mods installed and he had somekind of the same problem.

1 Like

My Hearthlings stoped to build the Communal Kitchen:

I have build some ladders all around the building but this did not help.

Here is the save:

Info:
A20 r701 x64
Stonehearth Café
Patrol Points
Yang & co’s Armoury
Hearthlings of Many Faces
Slabs with terrain colors
Settlement Decor Mod

I got a smal cathedral planed but they fail to build it 9 out if 10 times and every time when i don’t place the ladders in the towers so they can reach the next floor.
Also if any window gets available after they started to remove the scaffolding they get stuck a lot.
And nearly every time they fail to remove the scaffolding without help.

Example for the tower floors shows the hole for the ladder

I think the here in blue marked part is cousing trouble with the scaffolding:

This is a part of the cathedrals sides.

Also: floating ladder is floating :grinning:

cathedral_building.zip (94.9 KB)

Build: A20r701x64
No Mods

Also sometimes the workers place the carpets befor the gound (true magic carpets :joy:)

• 1 Question: When removing a building do you get all the material back or not? Sometimes i don’t get the placed item back and sometimes i do.

edit1: found 1 Bug within my building they once build a ladder from a position that later got covert by an other block (from the roof) so they couldn’t reach the ladder to remove the rest of the scaffolding!
Silly little hearthlings don’t build ladder where you cant remove them later :smirk: *totaly not my stubid design*

edit2: found a ladder compleetly inside the wall and some parts that didn’t got build right and now they can’t reach it even with ladders :disappointed_relieved: (i am lucky they build it right at my main game)

1 Like

Alright, @Relyss here is the template that is giving me errors:

2story bunkhouse.7z (9.2 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks, @Golden :merry:

I just tried to build it once, and it threw the errors. This should help a lot to fix it.

1 Like

This one will build, but it requires manual help twice.
exterior wall.zip (40.4 KB)
The scaffolding doesn’t extend once the first level of the crenelation is placed, trapping everyone on top.
Also, they start removing the scaffolding before they place the braziers on the “roof”.

This one doesn’t build, broke instant build, can’t be saved (sometimes crash, sometimes Engine Error), and the failed save breaks the rest of your templates from showing up… :confused:

I would upload it here, but even the server state is too large on max compression to fit the 10000KB limitation. :rage:

Game Save. You have 30 days to archive it.

Failed template.
keep.zip (54.3 KB)

Various errors template saving and such caused.
Crash to Stonehearth Main Menu then “Stopped responding”

release-701 (x64)
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:347: table index is nil
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…earth/components/fabricator/fabricator_component.lua:347: in function ‘accumulate_costs’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:509: in function ‘cb’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:1135: in function ‘for_all_children’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:1132: in function ‘for_all_children’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:504: in function ‘get_cost’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:536: in function ‘save_template’
stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:35: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:30>

release-701 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:612: attempt to index local ‘template’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:612: in function ‘get_custom_templates’
stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:44: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:43>

release-701 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Instant Build does nothing.

4 Likes

Yep, we’ve had some reports about huge templates sometimes failing to be saved, and the json file is empty and breaks the template list.

I have a new piece of broken building. This time is much smaller. Not sure if It should go here or in it’s own thread.

I laid out slab to make a third floor in the keep. After telling it to build, I got numerous errors in the next minute. Possobly not all related.

release-701 (x64)[M]
…ices/client/renderer/construction_render_tracker.lua:267: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
…ices/client/renderer/construction_render_tracker.lua:267: in function 'fn’
radiant/modules/events.lua:288: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:370: in function '_fire_async_triggers’
radiant/modules/events.lua:445: in function '_update’
radiant/client.lua:44: in function <radiant/client.lua:39>

release-701 (x64)[M]

…ices/client/renderer/construction_render_tracker.lua:267: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
…ices/client/renderer/construction_render_tracker.lua:267: in function 'fn’
radiant/modules/events.lua:288: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
radiant/modules/events.lua:370: in function '_fire_async_triggers’
radiant/modules/events.lua:445: in function '_update’
radiant/client.lua:44: in function <radiant/client.lua:39>

release-701 (x64)[M]

stonehearth/components/buffs/buff.lua:339: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/components/buffs/buff.lua:339: in function '_destroy_injected_commands’
stonehearth/components/buffs/buff.lua:98: in function <stonehearth/components/buffs/buff.lua:90>
[C]: in function 'destroy’
stonehearth/components/buffs/buff.lua:121: in function '_fn’
radiant/controllers/timer_controller.lua:95: in function 'fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:379: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

release-701 (x64)[M]

stack traceback:
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:379: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function 'instance’

release-701 (x64)[M]

stonehearth/components/buffs/buff.lua:339: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/components/buffs/buff.lua:339: in function '_destroy_injected_commands’
stonehearth/components/buffs/buff.lua:98: in function <stonehearth/components/buffs/buff.lua:90>

release-701 (x64)[M]

stack traceback:

After that, I could no longer see the third floor in build mode and it was no longer being built. The scaffolding was removed as if had been built. When I tried to rebuild it in build mode, I noticed there no blocks could be built where the 3rd floor would be. I made a pillar in build mode that ends where the floor should be. This new pillar got merged with the previous building and can’t be removed or built. :confused:

This is reproducible on game reload. Open build mode after loading the game. You are already looking in the right place.

Also, TR really needs to increase the upload size limit. I basically can’t upload game saves anymore.

red empty wood smithy.zip (5.8 KB)

Building has issue with a ladder on the roof next to the tower not being removeable when scaffolding exist. Using destroy_scaffold removes all but a single ladder, which I then have to use destroy on.

Game build is develop-3362 (x64) on windows 7 64 bit.

here :

all guy stop to finish my building template.

here my template : building_templates.rar (24.5 KB)

my 2° try same building template :

–> not finished…

Well i checked the blueprint and found your problem i gues this building should be a part of your townwall. Its nicely build but has 1 flaw the builders have no way of getting into the “Towers” or on top of the wall. You seal off this parts when building the doorway and provide no other way to reach the top or the sides of the building.
To fix the issue just build a ladder manualy to the top or add 1 door to one of the towers with the stairs.

I hope that helped.:wink:

ps: Also in your 2end try -> do you have acces to the water somewhere it looks like your heartlings cant get into the water

1 Like

here a new template… 2 try : 0 building finished…
template : Dining.zip (71.5 KB)

screenshot :

here the example of the process :