Randomqazplm's Random Creations (Fan-made Soundtrack and Qubicle Models)

welcome back! :smile:

can you point out which are new?

aye… somewhat saddened by this as well…

Only one of them is new which is Dreams, the bottom one on the list :slight_smile: I edited the post to make it a bit clearer :slight_smile: but there’s like 3 more on their way in the near future :stuck_out_tongue: they’re in the ‘voice memo on my iphone stage’ at the moment, they just need scoring, which I’ll do this weekend :slight_smile:

If I knew a way to upload the 7 or 8 voice memos of me playing stuff on the piano I would, but they’re weird formats - thanks apple. Edit: I think I can convert them, so expect those tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue: don’t expect the best piano playing ever, they were all improvising on the spot basically :stuck_out_tongue:

And it’s weird with cube world, there was a post announcing some updates to come ages ago but there’s been nothing since, not even on the guy who made it’s twitter. It’s a shame, it’s got a lot of potential to be an awesome game, but all there is to do right now is grind mobs to level up, and explore which is fun until you’ve seen everything once. Oh well, perhaps he’s waiting until he has a lot of big stuff to put in and then do a massive update.
I’d prefer more smaller updates myself though, because I’m very impatient

1 Like

Hey guys, so here are my piano samples of new tracks to come in the near future, or I might combine some of them so make less than 8, I’m not sure yet. Please could you let me know what you think of them? They’re s**** audio quality as they’re iPhone recorded, but this is just what I do when I make new tunes, so yeah :stuck_out_tongue: I’d appreciate it if you listened and say if you like them, and which are best :stuck_out_tongue:

(1) Playing Sample 1 by James Westlake - picosong

(2) Playing Sample 2 by James Westlake - picosong

(3) Playing Sample 3 by James Westlake - picosong

(4) Playing Sample 4 by James Westlake - picosong

(5) Playing Sample 5 by James Westlake - picosong

(6) Playing Sample 6 by James Westlake - picosong

(7) Playing Sample 7 by James Westlake - picosong

(8) Playing Sample 8 by James Westlake - picosong

mod edit: naughty naughty… :facepunch:

i’ve listened to the first 2 and the last… they all sound like great piano samples… :+1:

im sure the intent is to combine these with other instruments or effects and create a more complete track, yes?

you’re definitely off to a good start either way…

Yeah they won’t just be solo piano things, I plan on orchestrating them to make them a bit more interesting :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: what do you think about the style of them? do you think it fits with stonehearth? Perhaps as cutscene music or something?

well, piano music lends itself to being soothing… to my untrained ears at least…

i can see some of these woven into exploration tracks or just “main city” type music… where the player is just idly giong about their work… :smile:

Yeah, I want one of them to be a piano piece, but obviously a lot longer and more interesting than those samples :slight_smile: I think piano music can be really good, it’s used a lot in final fantasy games and even things like Halo, and can be really beautiful

And yeah, I’ll have to think about what they could be and title them :slight_smile: well thanks for your feedback, I will get to work this weekend on them :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s the latest proper version of a piece I composed :slight_smile: It’s got some of the tunes from previous things, but expanded more :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok, the start was great… nice and tranquil (piano solo)… then the violins at around the 00:30 mark? just lovely

yes, lovely… im in touch with my masculine side!

Glad you liked that :stuck_out_tongue: Here’s another new one :slight_smile: This is my favourite one I’ve written :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice samples, well done. I like “Broken Dream” most. While the others are also nice, with this one I can imagine that it fits into a game like Stonehearth. It could be playing in the background once your settlement is growing… for the others I am just lacking a bit the fantasy in which situation they could fit :disappointed:.

well done… another very enjoyable track! what are we hearing around the 00:36 mark?

Thanks @SteveAdamo and @voxel_pirate :smile:

And there’s a violin duet that starts there, I think that’s what you mean :slight_smile: so at that point it’s basically all the strings, harp and piano playing :slight_smile:

1 Like