Random Game Crashes taking graphics driver out with

Summary:

Just playing the game normally when all of the sudden windows 10 tells me that the graphics driver stopped working and it had to be recovered. Crashes the game however.

Versions and Mods:

release-559 (x64) no mods

System Information:

Windows 10 x64
Intel Core Quad Extreme @ 3Ghz w/ 4 cores
XFX AMD HD 4890 1Gb Using the latest drivers provided by windows 10 since there aren’t any real drivers for this graphics card for win 10.
Sound Blaster X-Fi
6Gb Ram
AOC led monitor

I checked the steps noted, but it isn’t crashing during startup.

Notes:

This doesn’t happen when I play ANY other game! This can happen after an hour, or like most recently, after just 5 mins.

well checking the AMD site
I found this
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows+8+-+64
After five years of active service, the ATI Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series products reached peak performance optimization on October 15, 2013, and were transitioned to a legacy support lifecycle. No additional driver releases are planned for these products. It is important that PC gamers migrate to a modern AMD Radeon™ graphics card. Customers migrating to a modern GPU can benefit from exciting new features, improved performance, lower power consumption and broad compatibility with the latest PC games.​

I recently had to update my video driver due to openGL issues with the game, that solved my issues. The basic windows 10 driver for your card is most likely a legacy driver as well and does not support the full graphic requirement or has an incompatibility issue . Have you tried reducing your video settings like “number of lights” and “shadows” this might help.

yes, I reduced the number of lights and disabled shadows, but it still seems to crash at odd intervals. If I had the money, I would have upgraded my GPU already.

this game is $25 right? you can easily buy a graphics card for around that

http://www.newegg.com/Desktop-Graphics-Cards/SubCategory/ID-48?Order=PRICE

Why would someone want to spend $25 (plus postage) to downgrade to a second-hand “refurbished” card (that’s probably spent 4 years getting pounded for bitcoin mining) that has worse specs than what they already have??

Assuming the computer had Windows 7 or Windows 8 (and you took advantage of Microsoft’s “upgrade to Windows 10 for free and pay for your mistake forever” scam); you should be able to reinstall the original Windows 7 or Windows 8 where you do have and/or can get reliable drivers for the video card.

The HD 5000 series is still selling and is about $42 and its not refurbished, though if you wanted a used one, refurbished or not, would be worth the $10 someone would sell it for when the current graphics drivers you have do not work at all.

As the post above states, the Graphics driver is no longer supported, on any operating system… My own integrated graphics driver is a HD 4250 but I have been using a GTX in my pci slot for years. The integrated graphcs can still be used for a second monitor for multitasking if you change your bios graphics settings and plug in your monitors to each graphics card.