I’m playing a NA game and it’s fun, however I have several sad hearthlings due to their pet dying of starvation.
I clicked on a pet rabbit and there is a hunger icon. Hovering over that tells me that I can have my cook make food for the rabbit and have my shepherd feed them.
Ok, cool, but … to get a shepherd I need to promote my trapper with a shepherd’s crook and that needs a carpenter. To get a carpenter, I need a level 5 blacksmith.
So unfortunately, any pets my hearthlings obtain are just going to keep dying until I have done the following:
- Assign a hearthling as a mason.
- Level the mason up enough to make a blacksmith hammer.
- Assign a blacksmith.
- Level the blacksmith up to level 5, so they can make a carpenter’s saw.
- Assign someone to be a carpenter.
- Level the carpenter enough that they can make a shepherd’s crook.
- Promote a trapper to shepherd.
- Also have a cook to create food for the pet.
Now, for livestock, I understand the process and I expect it to be tough to get livestock working in the snow biome, so that’s cool, but it feels a bit rough that my hearthlings are auto taming themselves pets that they have no way to feed. :’(