Question about Kingdoms/Populations

Hey!

It’s me again, your friendly noob with another question :sweat_smile::joy:

If I create a new “role” for an existing kingdom… For example, I see that playable kingdoms (Rayya’s and Ascendancy) have only the “default” role divided into male and female characters - but if I create a whole new role just like some NPC kingdoms do (goblins, orcs…) is there a way to set up so this role can show up on roster generation?

And that said, can a role have custom jobs and or a custom job index and their own traits?
I’m sorry for this question, I’ve been looking around the population_service.lua, population_faction.lua and game_creation_service.lua which seems to be the files related to roster creation and character generation but since I couldn’t really find any example or mod that does similar things, I’m unsure about how feasible those things are.

Thanks and stay safe, everyone! :slight_smile:

I think traits have a field where you can limit it by gender (like the beard trait is male only)

1 Like

You just gave me an idea for a female beard trait mod! :wink:

Edit: oops, but i guess now i can make a bread race mod!

2 Likes

incoming gypsy/carnival-lings :')? (im not sure if i can make this joke or not, please tell me if its over the line)

Edit: I only now notice you typed bread instead of beard :')

1 Like

The gypsy-part might be. But at the same time, it’s female bread we’re talking about. Don’t know why that would be over any line. Sounds delicious. :woman: :bread: :yum:

3 Likes

Female bread :joy:

Anyway, here’s what I wanted to do, basically:
I created a role for the ascendancy - so you have the default (normal hearthlings) members and my role. Imagine… House elves, for example. So they have their own model and names - but are part of the realm.

I wanted them to be generated on the roster as well, though - and (if possible) have their own traits. I know I can pick traits by gender and immigrants or not, etc… but roles seem utterly unexplored in the game so far, can’t find much about them other than the fact that they’re used by multi-race npc kingdoms like orcs or goblins (for the kobolds, wolves, etc.)

So, would that be possible? Making my role being generated with other ascendancy default characters?

The roster generation code is a mess so I don’t think we’ll be adding role support there. However you can spawn citizens of custom roles and kingdoms during encounters using the add_citizen node.

1 Like

Hmmm
Perhaps I should “questify” my idea into a campaign of sorts, then :stuck_out_tongue: