Qubicle Models file size

Hey guys,

I’m just wondering what you would say your average Qubicle file size is.

Or just some examples of file sizes would be great, thanks!

~13kb for single stonehearthesque model
up to ~1.5mb for a complicated scene with multiple models.

I’ve had one or 2 creep up to 2 meg but that’s extreme.

Average is about 50kb

Awesome Froggy that’s great to know! Thanks a lot :smile:

As a rule of thumb I guess you can assume that a basic character will consume 10-20 KB (per character). A smaller animal might be between 5-10 KB. For the Chronicle-Mod I have several files including “new assets”, “workshops”, etc. which are all somewhere around 100-150 KB.

My largest file was like 1.1 MB, but if your fille is as large as that… Qubicle will just no longer work well.

Well that’s definitely good to know!

I should hopefully have some good news at some point today for you all then!

@Geoffers747 Hm… I wonder what this could be :wink:… and I hope that it will not lead to performance issues we have had in the past already :disappointed:.

You’re on the right lines with what the good news could be!

As far as I am aware the recent performance issues have nothing to do with the uploading/ hosting of files, so we should be safe :smile:

Famous last works, he? You can be sure that I will quote you on that one :wink:.

Oh I have no doubt that you will!

[size=6]What is with this guy…[/size]

be scared folks… i’ve seen his crayon sketches, outlining his intentions here… you want no part of it…

flee!

edit: quick update folks… thanks to the Discourse folks, our lovely and talented admins, and of course @Geoffers747 for suggesting it in the first place, we are now able to upload a host of new filetype extensions…

this is especially interesting for the modding folks, as .qmo and .obj are allowed files that can be directly attached to your posts now! :smiley:

the complete list of acceptable filetypes is below, but please let us know if you have any issues uploading any of these types:

• .jpg
  • .jpeg
  • .png
  • .gif
  • .txt
  • .csv
  • .log
  • .obj
  • .qmo
  • .doc
  • .docx
  • .pdf

here’s an example .qmo file from @voxel_pirate:

Modell_StandardSiedler.qmo(14.8 KB)

Unofficial Model- and Template-Files for Qubicle

Nice. Makes the life a bit easier and people do not need to look for space to host their files…

exactly… should hopefully make managing mod projects a bit easier as well, as teams can host all the associated files here (project plans, art assets, model files)…