Qubicle constructor stonehearth version no longer available?

I went to the minddesk site and I can’t find anywhere to purchase the stonehearth version of qubicle. All I can find is stuff for pre-ordering qubicle 2.0. I even followed Voxel_pirate’s link to purchasing the stonehearth version and found that the page had been moved. Does anyone have further information on this? Thanks.

@tim would be the best source on this. But by the looks of it all versions of QC have been removed until QC 2 is out. Though that’s just guess work on my part.

2 Likes

paging @voxel_pirate! any insight here, oh maestro of the voxels? :smile:

The “stoneheart version” will become the “steam version”, so you have to wait until the project went through greenlight…

Oh gotcha, is there an ETA on it?

Our Steam Greenlight campaign will start in September. As soon as we get greenlit it’s a matter of days until we can

Early October I think…

1 Like

Cannot find it on Steam Greenlight. Must not have launched yet?

Awesome, thanks a lot!

Tim is still working on the Steam-release. For the moment he wants to enable again the download of QC1 as some people have been asking for it. First major release for Minddesk… I think it will take a bit until everything i going smooth :wink:.

1 Like

Hey there,
the old website is live again and you can still purchase the old version.

visit http://www.minddesk.com/qubicle1

Please note that upgrading prices are higher if you purchase now after last weeks pre-order release. You will have to pay the price difference to the full Qubicle 2 price (not the pre-order discount). So no money lost but none saved either. I don’t want a backdoor to save additional money.

And yes, releasing a new major version is a new experience for us, it’s basically the most stressfull thing I have ever done. It’s impossible to make no mistakes, but we are learning for the next major release.

I will of course post the Greenlight campaign here as soon as it is launched.

4 Likes

Hi Tim,

Are there any plans a Steam Version -> Home Version Upgrade? And to what price?
Upgrading now would cost more money than buying a new home 2.0 version :smiley:

Greetz

As long as we don’t find a way to automate this - which we haven’t yet and I am honestly not very optimistic that we will - the answer is no.

Not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

Thanks for the honesty. I don’t wanted the Steam-Version, even if the “Export-DLC” sounds nice, so I thought about update to the home version.

[quote=“Tim, post:12, topic:7289”]
Not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?[/quote]
I bought the Stonehearth-Edition until I saw, that I need the full export function to mod properly. So I thought about an Upgrade until I saw, that Version 2 is comming out. If there is no way to Upgrade from the Steam-Version to the Home-Version, It’s look like this:
Home Version: 50
Update: 29 (to home) + 25 (to 2.0) = 54

So it’s cheaper to buy a new version instead of an update…

Ah ok, I thought you wanted to upgrade from Q2 Steam Edition to Q2 Home. That upgrade route is really a problem because… well trust me on this one.

Why I didn’t add a way to upgrade from QC1 SH to Q2: I promised a free upgrade to Q2 SH back when I introduced QC1 SH (silly me, but a promise is a promise). So that’s what you get: a free export module DLC. And I guess that’s more than fair.

4 Likes

What are the export options that the Export Module comes with? I assume it would have what you need to export models to something like blender, but I could be wrong.

[quote=“Tim, post:14, topic:7289”]
Ah ok, I thought you wanted to upgrade from Q2 Steam Edition to Q2 Home. That upgrade route is really a problem because… well trust me on this one.[/quote]
Yeah. That was, what I wanted to do (because we get the free Steam Edition), but I know, that this way round is really annoying. So don’t panic, I just saw the chance to ask for a trusted information :frowning:

[quote=“Tim, post:14, topic:7289”]
And I guess that’s more than fair.[/quote]
Yeah, of couse that is! Thank you for that!

I am working on my own little voxel game and so I just wondered about buying die DLCs now and having “extra costs” when it’s time to upgrade to a commercial edition. That was the only reason I calculated a bit. So don’t worry, your gesture is more than fair! =)

@Spoolicus
The export module can export to all supported file formats but it does not optimize meshes. Mesh optimization is not part of the Steam edition

@Programmierer
The Steam Edition is mainly for modders. If you want to create a game you should choose Home or Master because you will very likely miss the mesh optimization.

Resurrecting ancient topic.

So is this it, no more Qubicle 1 Stonehearth Edition? And we’re out of luck for Q2 unless we want to cough up silly amounts of money for a modding tool? The basic edition was “coming soon” for a year and a half now. I’m sad.

im also interested in this topic. i keep hearing about this stonehearth version and im really interested in this. i dont want to invest $60 in something i wont use to its full potential when there is a specialized version i could get for less just around the corner.

I’m going to page @Tim for you, hopefully he will see this!