Qubicle Competition Discussion Thread. Cycle 2, Week 2 - ‘Anything That Can Eat You’

This thread is for the discussion of everything related to this [urlhttp://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/qubicle-competition-model-submission-cycle-2-week-2-anything-that-can-eat-you/2453]weeks theme and models[/url]. Be it critique, suggestions, or just general chat about your favourite.

Also feel free to post other models you were thinking of submitting or other ideas you had around this weeks theme.

Make sure you check out the [urlhttp://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/qubicle-competition-theme-schedule/2403] theme schedule [/url] for the upcoming weeks of the Qubicle competition/

i continually misread this topic as “anything you can eat”, and wondered why it was receiving so many votes…

i love this (actual) topic though! :smile:

1 Like

@SteveAdamo I would love to say that Geoffers misread it, too and that this was not the topic I have submitted… but he didn’t :smiley:. I hope the topic is interesting enough as a motivation for our artists to show us what they fear most.

2 Likes

Oh good! That’s what I thought it meant. Also, is it in bad taste to put an entry for each week?

@chickenfried Not at all. Keep on going with your entries…

Ah man do I need to reword this week … I don’t want people to get confused!

Nope you can enter in as many weeks as you like :smiley:

Not sure yet if I’m going to use it as a submission and if I do I’m probably going to put him in some kind of scene.
Anyway… He can eat you. He would probably like it. Maybe with some fava beans and a nice chianti. o_O
( Fingers crossed that you’ll recognize him, otherwise this will just get confusing and awkward for everyone. Kind of like @Geoffers747’s and @SteveAdamo’s completely platonic weekend at the cottage. :stuck_out_tongue: )

And hey, it’s not even close to Sunday! :smile:

4 Likes

@Agon Very nice idea :smiley:.

1 Like

Despite being in the final already, can we expect entries from you anyway or are you just preparing for the cycle’s final now?

that is a spot on rendition of Mr. Hannibal Lecter…

and the awesome humor is not lost on me… :+1: :smile: :+1:

i plead the 5th…

1 Like

I don’t have a 5th amendment to plead, so I’m just gonna say that ‘I did not have sexual relations with that woman’.

3 Likes

I think my renders turned out looking much more like qubicle this time, I think it’s because I was inside anything this time so it made the environment lighting work a lot better. I’ve also decided that this is fairly interesting so far and I hope that soon I’ll get even better at making voxel models so it’s not weird stuff or copying pictures, I think I’ll keep entering these though. I’ll also make sure to use the few advantages I get from blender although I’ve started to get used to ui so it’s alright, I think I’ll just stop rambling now though. Question though to keep up my experimenting.

Question: Does it look more like a qubicle render than my previous one?

1 Like

Significantly more like something done in qubicle, which is always good!

Just gotta keep at it! And try and get Qubicle working :stuck_out_tongue:

parroting @Geoffers747, absolutely… much improved! :+1:

I was sure nobody had yet seen the topic and I was going to win by default…dammit :angry:

I seen this weeks competition and immediately thought of the perfect submission. XD

Edit: Well it seems I cant post images. Guess I’ll have to wait before submitting my entry.

Just in case you haven’t seen it here is the requirements to be able to post images. You should be able to get them fairly quickly. Heck just look through the past comp submission threads and you should reach them.

entering at least 5 topics
reading at least 50 posts
spend a total of 15 minutes reading posts
1 Like

welcome aboard @Public_Static! :smile:

yes, discourse requires a certain amount of “usage” before you are allowed to PM folks, post images, etc.

edit: aaaand, if i actually read @Xavion’s much more helpful post, i could have saved myself from typing my response… :tongue:

3 Likes

I wonder what happened this week. I mean last week we had 3 entries and this week we had 8, I’m not really sure why or how that happened.

I think the theme schedule might have helped, as people knew what was coming up.

Perhaps the topic was more interesting/ easier to make a model for, the amount of people visiting seems to have remained the same, so those two things would seem the most likely.

It’s been a good week though!