Qubicle Competition Discussion Thread. Cycle 1, Week 1 - The Wombat!

Hmmm I think I’ll take a swing at this Wombat looks interesting.

you are totally right, but its not for everyone

It doesn’t have to be a wombat itself, as long as its relevant :smile: could be a flying wombat with a horn!

look forward to your entry!

Just to remind everyone that there will be a prize at the end of the month for the winner :blush:

I’m not annoyed at math just the teacher. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh @Geoffers747 how do you know me so well? They’re not flying but they’re rockstars.

@GrimMethod its… its… just… AWESOME!!!

Haha thank you! :smiley: It just made sense when I started my music up and a song from the actual band “The Wombats” started up; I was like well there you go that’s gotta be done.

1 Like

oh lord… i suppose i have to hop over and take a look at the current submissions… :wink:

It was a lot of fun to break out of my comfort zone of doing only tribal stuff; although I tried to make the instruments tribal just in case I want to use them again haha.

I love how they’re literally “Radient Wombats”… Looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me in beating your models…

The Wombat was probably one of the hardest things I’ve done so far; the slight difference in the color of their fur is freaking hell. Haha.

1 Like

Hello everyone. I just created an account 2 days ago and would really like to submit my drawing of a wombat. Only problem is it says new users can’t post pictures. How long until I’m allowed to post a picture?

P.S.
Love the submissions so far!

Edit: Never mind. Just submitted entry :smile:

Ah, the band is pretty funny xD

Looks like it’ll win if no better entries pop up.

Here are my little wombats. They look like chubby hamsters but it’s my first serious try.
Maybe I’ll upload a turntable to get a better view of the back side of the models.
I have problems with the color palette, I didn’t know where to put the shadows. Any suggestions will be appreciated. It’s a pity that the front view looks so squared =(

Which nose do you like more, the flat one or the raised one?
Also, I really liked how tiny they were when I zoomed out a lot in Qubicle :blush:

4 Likes

hi there @Relyss … welcome aboard! wait, have i already given you the official welcome? :smile:

nice work on the wombats… i usually prefer the models to have more elevated features (so in this case, it would have been the bumped out nose), but those flat noses look terribly cute as well… :wink:

I’d say that the third from the left is my favorite. The extended nose really adds to the models character, and the small ears just don’t look as good to me.

I wanted to see a real rock concert so I did this for fun with The Radiant Wombats.

5 Likes

Alright guys, pack up. The competition is over. :wink:

1 Like

Haha there’s still plenty of time for submissions; I want to see more Wombats people! Let’s go go!

I do have a question @SteveAdamo or @Geoffers747 is there a ruling on post processing effects? I figure you want to keep it purely Qubicle only as it’s kind of a way to get people playing with Qubicle and improving themselves I was just curious if pictures like mine above would even be allowed for official submissions.

Hi guys,
This is my first attempt at anything like this and I was just wondering what you all thought of it. Also, if my posting format is incorrect, please let me know and I will try to fix it.

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/uploads/stonehearth/1030/99a6618e8895b01c.png

Also, how long is the gap between signup and the ability to post pictures?

1 Like