Problem with Paths

Summary:
Attempted to build path, the building planning progress bar (shown in the screenshot) never stopped expanding. Afterwards, it changed the build order to be just huge squares to land. The hearthlings cut the ground out from underneath my crops/other areas. I’m unable to remove the build order.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Not 100% sure, probably a large path build?

Expected Results:
Path to be constructed how I requested.
Actual Results:
Holes in the ground and a huge progress bar.

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:

System Information:

Does it continue like that after a re-load, if so could you provide the devs with the save, although I see it being an easy fix.

I kinda like the look of this bug though, for some reason i find it amusing. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi @Meg_Ryan, could you upload the savefile where this is happening?

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

2 Likes

Thar she blows.

Was really not expecting responses so quickly. Thanks team.

1479282746919.zip (5.5 MB)

1 Like

Summary:
null/nil on add dependency.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build menu -> custom structure. Mine was merely a 5 tall stair and some slab on top to glue the next rotated stair to.
  2. With only the stair and glue slabs, start build.
  3. While still paused, attach a rotated stair to the previous structure.
  4. Watch the stairs get merged into the previous building, despite saying it can’t be edited (maybe working as intended), and then see an engine error.

Expected Results:
No Error.

Actual Results:
release-701 (x64)
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1405: attempt to index local ‘entry’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1405: in function ‘_add_dependency’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1391: in function ‘add_dependency’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:1406: in function ‘precompute’
…omponents/scaffolding/scaffolding_project_volume.lua:319: in function ‘precompute_scaffolding’
…earth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_project.lua:133: in function ‘precompute_scaffolding’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1763: in function ‘_compute_scaffolding_worker’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1722: in function ‘fn’
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function ‘fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82>

radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function ‘set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:103: in function ‘increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function ‘instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function ‘_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

Notes:
See picture for structure details. Being adjacent to the mining walls (dug with 4x4 mine button) may be relevant.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
release-701 (x64). No Mods.

System Information:
Doesn’t matter.

Game save

Building Crash.zip (4.2 MB)

I confirmed loading my save reproduces this error.
Also, there is a GUI bug.

Thanks for the savefile, @FinalKefka :slight_smile:

Seems that the error is somewhat different after loading, so thanks for reporting it right when you got it, might be helpful to diagnose too.