Praise - Stonehearth Mod Manager

Really like the effort. A great addition would be sortable tags. e.g. clicking on category to sort the mods by categories. Atm its easy with just 21 mods but for the future it would be great…

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, as you link to it from PraiseDB and it has a similar domain name ;). Is the building templates website also your project? As was thinking it would be really cool to have that integrated into the client, allowing you to easily download and browse building templates.

2 Likes

Nah that’s all @BrunoSupremo hard work, I think he’s swamped with lots of projects at the moment, I was thinking of implementing something or working on a separate app if there’s interest :slight_smile:

there are lots of things I’d like to do and I appreciate the feedback :slight_smile: thanks!

1 Like

Yea I’d like to do that, I’ll look in to sorting it soon :smiley: thanks

1 Like

I noticed when browsing a specific mods page, the title up in the tab changed to the URL. I know this isn’t much but a minor grievance of mine, but maybe you could make the title go with whatever mod you’re looking at, if that’s not too hard?

2 Likes

Easy least I’ll sort that in a little bit, thanks for letting me know

1 Like

done :).

-Changed mod page title to that of the Praise DB // (mod name)
-Fixed a problem where you clicking the link to a mod from a users page didn’t work.
-Fixed some user’s profile pages no worky.

1 Like

It should be there now The_M has uploaded a version :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just registered on Praise DB but it doesn’t accept my password although I copypaste it.
The name is the same as here.
Also, if I comment mods, do their authors receive notifications?

2 Likes

Hmm i know from some experience copy and pasting sometimes adds a space in, can you try with a space at the end or pm me and we can sort it out :slight_smile: (once you get in you can change your password too.

They don’t receive notifications though that’s a good suggestion, something i’ll work on next, shouldn’t be too tricky, thanks for the suggestion.

2 Likes

Now when modders go to their ‘My Profile’ page, they will see a new section…a notifications area, any new comments will trigger a notification here and will have to be marked as Read before they will be removed from this area.

• Added notifications!

ps. it’s not 100% complete i plan on adding an icon if there are any to read next to the users username (before the logout link)

4 Likes

For anyone else who’s gonna register: try not using brackets or special symbols in your password :wink:

3 Likes

Edit: @Shizuyori shared his login and registration code with me and I didn’t see any security issues. It just looks like there’s another error related to a database column or something. I’m happy to report that the site is hashing passwords and seems to be safe from SQL injection attacks.

@Shizuyori, the fact that you can’t include a ( or ) in the password tells me that your website is open to SQL injection attacks. If you like I can take a look at your code and give you a few security pointers; I do this stuff for a living.

If you leave your site open to these attacks someone could do stuff like read or even delete your entire database.

3 Likes

Thanks Jonzoid, it can’t hurt for you to look over it.

I’ll pm you.

In future would you mind pming me about a security risk as it may be that you’re wrong but could have hurt the credibility of the site already as well as inviting attacks.

2 Likes

@Shizuyori shared his login and registration code with me and I didn’t see any security issues. It just looks like there’s another error related to a database column or something. I’m happy to report that the site is hashing passwords and seems to be safe from SQL injection attacks.

3 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up Jonzoid :slight_smile:

On another note i hope to to make some little additions tonight as well as checkover that weird error.

I might even have a stab at making a client for the Stonehearth Builds website time permitting.

1 Like
  • Added the ability to set a mod to hidden in the mod editting page in case you want to make a mod but aren’t sure about publishing it as WIP or Live
2 Likes

Fixed numerous bugs
Added the number of notifications next to your username

1 Like

Updated the mod page to make it a bit neater and nicer

2 Likes

Just added pages as we now have over 30 mods!

2 Likes