Poll: Most requested gameplay feature!

Had to go mining myself as well.

Just too much goodness under the ground, plus being able to finally dig out those pesky cliff faces and make stairways between levels is gonna be awesome.

Also mining means ore, and ore means blacksmith, and blacksmith means weapons, and…ya you get the rest. :smiley:

Of course I’m pretty much equally excited about everything on that list. :stuck_out_tongue:

I asked this a loooong time ago, but I don’t think it was ever answered. I would love to be able to maybe make things like black glass furniture and items with the magma smith. Has there been anything said about anything like that? Also maybe alternate things like lava lamps or lava lamp light polls. I think that would look pretty cool. Sorry if this was already answered.

I went for mining because that opens so many possibilities to change and sculpt the landscape. Just thinking about digging out an underground lair for my people to live and store their goods and be safe from the harsh outside world (Goblins! :slight_smile: ) makes me so eager to play it.
Very close second would be class improvement, I would love to see more classes and more goodies to be build and planted and stuff.

1 Like

It was so hard to choose from the list!! I wish I could see them all in the game right now!!! But that’s just the inpaitence of me screaming out! LOL. I understand to build a GREAT game it takes time. :smile: You guys are doing a fantastic job by the way!! Thank you and I am glad I invested into this game. Well worth the price …

I really want to see more monsters and creatures. Also combat upgrades. I think it would be really cool to have goblin camps that spawned in your world which you had to deal with. I really love the idea of having like 5-10 footman with upgraded armor going to town. Also going along with the mining idea there definitely needs to be skeletons and undead inside the mines that can spawn and come out to eat your farmers

2 Likes

It also opens up so many classes for the class progression (because we would get the miner, blacksmith?, an ore person, and I believe a couple others)

I believe Stonehearth is at this pinnacle point in which you can just gaze over the giant sandbox and envision all the possibilities. When you’re part of an alpha like this one where the devs and community actually come together it gives you a pretty impressive feeling.

There is an enormous amount of content which can be crammed into this sandbox, and even more after the fact. Picking and choosing what comes first is very difficult and I appreciate that the regular player, or the tester, are included in some small way in these decisions.

The coming months of development are going to be pretty damn interesting.

5 Likes

I know its still early days but my requested gameplay feature isn’t on the list so i thought id add it here… I would love, love, love, to see children… I know there are other important elements to the game which must of course come first. But I am so excited to see where you will go with care, genetics and tutoring children. Assuming they will actually be in the game, if not the pink stuffed toy currently in game is misleading.
i have so many questions which im assuming there is no answer to then just yet but i thought id add them here.

1. Will children spawn automatically with good living conditions, will they need to be ‘created’ by villagers or will a stalk fly into the town and deliver them to doorsteps?
  2. Will children inherit experience from their parents careers?
  3. will there be special jobs only children can do… eg: collecting flowers, shiny rocks?
  4. Will there be a pre-school with a ‘nanny’ or ‘teacher’ to watch over the children while the adults are at work or will the kids wander about willy nilly?

i dont expect answers for any of these, this is just where my mind wanders too when thinking about the possibilities.

I voted on water, it would make the world much better looking to have some of the “blue stuff” around, maybe still ponds and lakes first and flowing water later on :slight_smile: And it’s needed for fishing ofc! Tho everything on the list is nice to have. Keep up the great work devs :smiley:

I wish you would allow us to choose multiple, im seeing in the comments over here that monster is almost always something people want, yet, they want other more complex features more.

The trouble from my POV is that monsters are easy - in essence they’re just variations on the goblin code. But in terms of getting the game from where it is now to where it must be for the final release, they’re really not important - it’s the little details like optimisation, and the big features like water or mining, that both need the most extensive testing and that are ultimately more important.

This is true, (well hopefully not entirely true) I want the monsters to get more complex too, for example, adding magic to teh game/magic powers/more abilities/goblin villages and such.

could we not implement roads as a auto generated feature? Meaning if I place a house at x and they walk to y, over time that would be a “path”…and my cobblestoner could “find” these paths and start to create the roads for the town. Then the game master (me) would want the power to remove/alter that path…not the road itself.

1 Like

hey @David_Lighty … let me direct youto this discussion… have fun! :smile:

and with that, I think we shall close this poll down… lots of great data for TR to munch on…

thanks everyone! :+1:

total votes: 214

• Mining: 66
  • Building Improvements: 42
  • New Player Classes: 33
  • Water: 25
  • Class Progression: 19
  • Monsters & Denizens: 9
  • Game Master updates: 8
  • Combat Engine: 5
  • Roads: 5
  • Trading: 2