Poll: Most requested gameplay feature!

We need mining. it’s been long overdue and it’ll improve gameplay by a lot. The current Timber and Stone style of mining I dislike because of how non-intuitive it is. It works, yes, but it is not that great. It’s simplistic and it isn’t actually useful at the moment because as afar as I know, rocks have no use right now.

Besides that, water and monsters are a close second. Water would add so much to the game, and I’d love to see more than the standard Goblin.

On a second note, how do you make a poll?

MIning and Water. It’s core stuff IMO so It should be priority and gives a lot of possibilities as well.

As a representative of the collation of Troglodytes which encompasses groupings and races like Dwarves, The Rabbit Clan, and all other things which live under the ground… we demand equal representation. We’re tired of you top dwellers getting all the attention!

I want to see new classes before the current ones are fleshed out.

Stone Mason and Animal Farmer/Herder please!

i wish i can select a few but i will go with new player classes

Hmm, well so far I’d say people are very interested in seeing better… call it game foundations I guess: building UI improvements and mining (which also means stoneworkers are wanted) are the top 3, followed by the addition of water.

If nothing else, it’s a good guide for which direction future alpha releases people want Radiant to take :slight_smile: .

1 Like

What we need is a better building designer. Floors, different kinds of windows and doors, the ability to move the house you designed before building it, and a way to share building templates!

3 Likes

i would say mining, that way we could mine to perhaps build stone walls, towers, gates etc. to stop goblins from getting inside?

like subterranean mole people to trade with

Mainly, I think the absence of scenarios means that right now we have two scenarios: the Peaceful Sandbox and the Survival Sandbox. One or two mode-specific challenges might give players some focused gameplay in Alpha 6 and probably prompt players to suggest “I totally would have won that [faster] if you guys put feature X in the game.”

In the current Peaceful Sandbox scenario, I’d like to see more building options, roads, and scenery improvements like water and bridges over them. Maybe the Rancher or Shepherd profession to create more varied food and crafting options.

For the Survival Sandbox scenario, I’d like to see the Archer, Miner, and Blacksmith classes; defensive items like palisades or traps; new monsters; and towers (and a legit reason to build them, too).

1 Like

I hope we get some “open ended” scenarios. Stuff like “collect X resources” would be flat out boring. “Survive X waves of enemy attacks” is better. “Build a palace worthy of your king!” leaving the player to have to construct a single building containing X-worth-of-“vaue” would be amazing. It’s not overly challenging, but it means the player gets to construct what they like.

Same could be said for something like “build defenses in the indicated areas” The player could just build maximum-efficency purely high stone walls, or they could get complex with towers and pits and moats, or even just chain up some nasty animals in a line or something!

1 Like

The “build defences” one might be a bit complicated to carry out (“I built one spike trap, scenario complete, 10,000 gold reward” etc :stuck_out_tongue: ), but if you have any suggestions for events/scenarios etc, there’s a thread around here for posting them in. Here we go :slight_smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Of course, the simplest way to test your defences is for a wave of enemies to attack!

2 Likes

One feature that would be extremely helpful right now is a quick inventory list, so when I’m trying to decide to fill a traveling merchant request, I know how many of that item I have and how many I have yet to make.

2 Likes

do yaks count as denizens @SteveAdamo

2 Likes

Just adding a note: Paths will help for you to organize your town.

i would really like that if you fx. had two carpenters then they would share orders, cant really see the point of having more than one atm.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Strike the earth!

I want mining. Mostly because I want to rock out underground. No pun intended.

1 Like

Adding my own idea here: an option to go back to start menu.

That would be a big help because I don’t want to have to close and reopen a game every time I get a bad map. (I’m picky like that)

I’m surprised by the number of water votes. It’s impressive.

1 Like