Pokemon Fan Center

You are so wrong, you have no idea :wink:
Amaura/Aurora are so freaking cute… Seeing as some of the Qubicle creations around here have caused me to lose my man-card, I think I’m legally allowed to assemble the cutest team possible. If I can’t beat your pokemon, at the very least I can make you Squee like a little child getting a new puppy.

Challenge - Accepted

Can you battle the flames and hope to extinguish them? or will you only be engulfed by them?

1 Like

We definitely need to share friend codes etc. Battle, trade, you know, the usual stuff!

That is definitely something we should do. Currently the only 3DS games I have are Fire Emblem: Awakening and Super Mario 3D Land, but I can steal my brother’s Mario Kart 7 to play online…

But yeah. When X and Y come out, seeing what (new) functions use that will be pretty cool. I haven’t really checked much about X and Y news because I enjoy learning as I play…

Good for you, sounds fun, but I already bought the V.1 Guidebook and Y
We should definitely share friend codes for stuffs

1 Like

Yeah, I usually end up getting the guidebook after I beat the game, mainly because I want all the pokedex information handy. Also @Geoffers747 started another thread for sharing friend codes. I’ll grab the link and edit it into this message.

Edit: Here it is: 3DS/ DS discussion, exchange, play

1 Like

Personally one of my favorites, is a Rom called Emerald 386, because I can actually catch all of the pokemon without trading. I never had any friends interested in pokemon, and didn’t have enough money to buy two gameboys, and all the versions of the games. :frowning:

Forever alone

1 Like

Yeah, I (kinda) have that problem now. Even though my family owns (or has owned) every game but Crystal and Diamond/Pearl, I’m the only one with a Gameboy and I don’t have a link cable, so I can’t trade anymore, unless I “borow” my friends’.

Edit: Moving away from the mainseries games, who here played Pokemon Conquest? I actually enjoyed the game, but it felt like there was so much more potential that just never was reached…

I think that a really cool effect for pokemon battles is that if a target is hit with a move, an effect of the same type of the attack will deteriorate the targets health bar

Like say ~

If the target is hit with a fire type move, a fire effect deteriorates the targets health bar
If the target is hit with a water type move, a white foam or bubble effect will deteriorate the targets health bar
etc for each type

1 Like

Wow, I hadn’t heard about that. That’s pretty cool. Especially since one of my favorite things about B/W was that I didn’t have to count health bars as much, because I could easily see what % of my health an attack was doing. Less than 5 days until I should receive the game (I ordered it online). I cannot wait…

let me correct that, that’s not a new effect, I was saying that WOULD be a cool effect if it was ever implemented
sorry for the confusion
confusion attack? please, I’m a fire/steel type

Aww, got my hopes up. But that is a brilliant suggestion…
(also, still hoping for a Steel/Ghost with Levitate/Heatproof. Weak to only Ground/Ghost or Fire/Ghost. Give it levitate and specially defensive and gg)

I think it’s been confirmed that in X/Y types will not be effected by certain moves …

So, for example grass types are no longer effected by leech seed, I’ll try and find the info again.

I’m a little confused here … This does already happen unless I’ve misunderstood. Are you talking about status effects?

It doesn’t happen with every type, and then it’s not every move within the type, but fire moves can cause burn, ice moves can cause freeze, electric moves can cause paralysis, and poison moves can cause poison.

um…sire, you are just confused
what I’m talking about is decorational effects for a more interesting way to show the health bar dropping hp
also ~ potions can have the same effect, with fairy like sparkles bringing the hp back up (yellowish sparkles)

3 Likes

i would but i personally liked the RPGnes of the mystery dungeon games but then they stopped and normal pokemon is like timesink,rawgle,rawgle so i think i will be passing

Ahhh I’m with you :slight_smile: move along!

Well here’s a story for everyone else here

This is the tale of why I value my Azumarils
One White 2 Run ago, I had an azurmaril that hanged around my party, and he was an HM Slave. He was great because he could learn alot of HM moves (including surf), and as the other members of the party were fighting and getting stronger, I felt sorry for Bubbles (Azumaril), so I let him fight a little bit (under Burner’s supervision of course), he wasn’t a great fighter, but I liked him anyways.
Then one day, I don’t remmember the exact details, but Bubbles was in a battle, and he was struck with a higher level opponent’s Thunder (KA-POW)
“NOOO! BUBBLES!” I thought he was toast, but when I uncovered my eyes…
He was still Standing! The Enemy’s Thunder had barely done a dent (might be exagerated)
"BUBBLES YOU FREAKING TANK (crying of joy face)"
and I do believe that there was another time when a similar inccident happened when he was stuck with Two Thunders and was still standing as well
and so I learned to respect him a little more as a fighter from then on
so do you guys have any stories to brag about? please do tell

A story …

Well, nothing long and extravagant, but a pokemon that I value highly is Walrein.

It’s March 2003, 11 year old Geoffers is playing his way through Pokemon Sapphire and comes across a rotund blue water/ ice pokemon that is quite frankly adorable. Being a big fan of Lapras and knowing how strong those could be he took a chance with Spheal gently nurturing it till evolution into the beast that is Walrein.

However, it was always a pokemon that was on the back burner, one that would only come out in dire times, or as a last resort. It wasn’t until the elite four that Walrein’s true strength shone through.

It got to the point where that Walrein could single handedly take down the entire Elite four (he needed some assistance taking on Glacia), but apart from that they didn’t stand a chance, he quickly became one of my favourite Pokemon, and I’ll seriously have to consider including one in my X team. Will have to see what new wonders await!

Searched Walrein, I was surprised to find that it can perform the move with the highest base power in the game. I was even more surprised to see that it learns as a Spheal at level 13, pity it takes 6 turns to cast at full power really with it just getting more powerful each use. If you could ever pull it off though you’d destroy near anything I suspect, and the initial defense curl would make you harder to take down while doing it.

1 Like

It also has some pretty high health … at least I thought it did until I looked at the top 100 pokemon by maximum heath - it ranks in at 24th with maximum of 424, so not too bad … Blissey is number 1 with 714. Unreal.