So, lately I’ve been scrolling through the Stonehearth discourse and noticed a lot of other gaming discussions going on. A few months back I made the “Name Backstory” thread and I got a lot of interesting answers and discussions from that thread. So I pose this question to you guys on the discourse.
“What are your top 10 favorite Pokemon?” I love this question, my ex and I discussed this for about 4 hours one time and the result was that I have a very sinister set of interests. So, the way I’d like this to work isyou post a comment with your top 10 favorites and why they make it to your top 10. It can be they looks awesome or good stats, whatever you feel makes them your favorites.
My Favorite Pokemon are:
- Sneasel - This pokemon is my favorite because the first pokemon I played a game through with was a Sneasel. My brother caught it near the end of the game and tricked me into trading my Totodile for it, since then I fell in love with the design and the lore around the pokemon. One of the pokedex entries tell us it eats unhatched Pidgeys. Awesome.
- Hypno - I love the design of Hypno but Pokemon Lore takes the cake here. A Hypno once stole a child from their home using hypnosis. This is awesome because I have a very big interest in criminal behavior and the thought of a pokemon being able to kidnap children just makes the games much more enjoyable for me.
- Haunter - I love Haunter. In generation 2 of Pokemon, Morty has Gengars. I always wanted one, so I caught a Gastly and trained it to Level 50. It never evolved and I kept it as a Haunter, it grew on me and eventually landed on my top 10 for a pokedex entry. “Haunter is a dangerous Pokémon. If one beckons you while floating in darkness, you must never approach it. This Pokémon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away.” Awesome.
- Galvantula - I loved this pokemons design since I caught a Joltic and it evolved. I love its evolution chain. Enough said, not to mention it’s unique typing.
- Gliscor - This pokemon has a amazing design. I love the color scheme and the lore behind it. Gliscor can circle the globe with only a faint breeze without flapping its wings once. That’s just too awesome, it’s move pool isn’t that bad either.
- Noctowl - This was another one of those 'first pokemon" type scenarios, this was the first pokemon I caught on my own with my super awesome Sneasel. I love it’s design and everything about this pokemon…except for the Shiny verison of it… ewww.
- Yanmega - I caught a Yanma in 2nd Gen, and I saw it’s evolution and was instantly loved it. Something so cute evolving into something that could eat my sister, sign me up. Not only that but the pokedex entries for this beast: “Its jaw power is incredible. It is adept at biting apart foes while flying by at high speed.” This pokemon is epic in every way.
- Cubone - I love this pokemon because of it’s back story and future as well as its design. A Cubone wears the skull of it’s mother. It sits next to it’s mom waiting to her to wake up, crying the entire time. Taking her skull and wearing it for the remainder of its life. Not only is this extremely sading, it’s one of the many pokemon with a grim past and future.
- Crawdaunt - A beautiful design, interesting typing and down to the bone bad#$%, I loved this pokemon and it is often my water pokemon of choice when I can get one.
- Giratina - Not because of it’s legendary status, but because of its story. Giratina was created by Arceus then banned to the dark realm forever for its behavior. This is extremely familiar to what happened to Lucifer in the Bible. The similarities don’t stop there. Giratina’s horn, tentacle and leg counts: 6 horns, 6 tentacles and 6 legs and the number of the devil is 666. Giratina’s forms are based on a Serpant and a Basilisk both are referenced in the bible as Lucifer’s preferred animal forms. I love this pokemons lore.
Now it’s your turn, feel free to share