Person stuck no matter what

Summary:
So I was going about business as usual. Then the Carpenter went into the dining hall and just stopped. I cleared all of his build, removed his title and reassigned it to him and nothing. He didn’t budge. I put the town on alert and he flashed the red exclamation but didn’t move. He died about 20’ from food since he wouldn’t move. I haven’t changed locations or anything, he just stopped.
Steps to reproduce:

1. I don’t know how to reproduce it.

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:

System Information:

do you have the savefile so the we can have a look? also the logs way be helpfull

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate… Next time you encounter this, make sure to save and reload your game, it usualy solves the problem and saves one good Hearthling

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Ray_Russell :slight_smile:

Which Stonehearth version are you using?

Was your carpenter stuck on some object (a wall, a chair…), or just standing there on the floor?

I remember some people reporting similar issues a while back.

If you have a savefile where this is happening, please zip it and upload it here. Savefiles are folders with some files inside. They are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games

If you have a stonehearth.log file (located inside your Stonehearth folder) of the time when that problem happened, it can be useful for the devs, so upload it too.

Although sometimes restarting or reloading the game solves some issues, as @Hyrule_Symbol says.

Had the same bug with my carpenter too. Save/reloaded and he was in bed asleep. when he got up he started to spin and got this error:

release-559 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: (7117 Jhon Northpoint) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: follow_path mover aborted
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function ‘verify’

Had to move the beds around to fix him tho…
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:567: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Moved the beds to get him to stop spinning.

1 Like