Carpenter (maybe all craftsmen?) Stuck Holding Product

Summary: My Carpenter has, thrice now, finished an item and has stood at the crafting table, ‘holding’ the item in question while maintaining the Idle pose with his hands down. No animation.

Reproduction: Just tell the lad/lass to make some things. After completing an item on the list, they’ll stop functioning altogether. I wish I could be more specific, but that’s all I can observe.

Expected Results: Moving away from the crafting table to drop the item and pick up more materials.

Actual Results: See Attachments

Notes:
1.) Saving and reloading jumpstarts the crafter into action again, but they won’t function like they should for long.
2.) It’s not a specific item that triggers the issue, as it’s happened once with a Mean Bed and twice with a Simple Chair.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: Up to date, Base game

Hey there @MarcusDranz, welcome to the Discourse. Thanks for the report.

I’ve bumped your TL up so you should be able to upload a save game now. If as you mentioned the carpenter freezes again even when reloading, could you upload the affected save so the devs (like @sdee) can take a look?

To upload a save, locate the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

P.S. Are you the same Marcus Dranz from the Stonehearth website comments? If so, thanks for following up! Great to have you aboard.

Right, here’s the save file. Should be pretty small, not all that much has happened in it so far. It’s at the point where the issue’s occurred the third time.
1454800607200.zip (4.5 MB)
If the lad decides to get to work when the devs load it up, it likely won’t be long before his li’l cubic brain breaks again. Unless the issue is entirely on my side.

And yeah, that’s me. Didn’t see much reason to NOT follow this one up, as it can really disrupt the game flow and waste time for whoever has the misfortune to run into it. Hope this all helps.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for uploading your save, it was very helpful :slightly_smiling:. Fixed, will be in the next unstable release.
-Linda

3 Likes

Lovely! Out of curiosity, what was bugging out?

He occasionally tried to place it on top of the nearby tree, which he couldn’t reach. Now we make sure to check whether the point is pathable first.

3 Likes

He’s ambitious, I’ll give him that.

1 Like