Pawel's Mod Corner: Autoharvest, Biome Crops, LostEms & others

Awesome thanks I’ll DL it & try it :slight_smile:

Now I’m getting this error for the pine saplings it seems:

release-763 (x64)[M]
std::exception: '‘finetems’ has no alias named ‘trees:pine:sapling’ in the manifest.'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity’
radiant/modules/entities.lua:24: in function 'create_entity’
stonehearth/ai/actions/harvest_crop_adjacent.lua:98: in function '_harvest_one_time’
stonehearth/ai/actions/harvest_crop_adjacent.lua:136: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/harvest_crop_adjacent.lua:127>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘run’
…tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:143: in function <…tonehearth/services/server/tasks/run_task_action.lua:141>

[C]: in function 'run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:607: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:591>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:265: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:591: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:265: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

1 Like

Whoops, that was a .json error. Fixed in 1.1c.

2 Likes

sorry to bother you again, I just noticed, the “wooden archway” now works with the finetems mod, but for som reason the “robust door” form the decoration mod now does NOT have the margin for the walls removed

The only mod supported now is the doorways mod. Doors and windows from other mods will keep the margins. I decided to do it that way because some creators may actually want to keep the margins. If they want to remove them then all they have to do is to add margin table with all margins set to 0 and they don’t even need the API to do so. Alternatively, you can make a mod with a manifest only, mixing in /pawel_API/mixins/fixture/margin_removal.json into ghost.json files.

How do I add the marign table? I just copy and paste the “set margins” doc into the “Settlement Decor” mod?

Your manifest.json should look like this:

{
   "info" : {
      "name" : "my_margin_removal_mod", 
      "version" : 3
   },
   "mixintos" : {
      "/mod_name/entities/construction/door_name/door_name_ghost.json": "/pawel_API/mixins/fixture/margin_removal.json",
      "/mod_name/entities/construction/door_name/door_name_ghost.json": "/pawel_API/mixins/fixture/margin_removal.json",
      "/mod_name/entities/construction/door_name/door_name_ghost.json": "/pawel_API/mixins/fixture/margin_removal.json"
   }
}

I have no idea what I am doing.

I made my own mod and copied and pasted what you typed, and I cannto activate it, it keeps telling me invalid manifest

is there any way of setting it so it does this to ALL contruction items? or will I have to make this for EVERY item for EVERY mod I install?

For every item your mods add.

You have to put the manifest.json in a folder named my_margin_removal_mod. When mod name in the manifest is different from the folder name the game refuses to load a mod.

I see you like having fun with mods, I think you should learn some modding basics so you can at least fix some compatibility issues yourself when you play with many mods at once. You don’t have to learn the advanced stuff, coding the manifest and adding entities should be enough for you. It also makes interpreting the error logs easier. It took me one evening to learn the basics, Stonehearth is really modder-friendly.

I actually dont. I am getting very frustrated at this Manifest file.

I just want to remove all margins, like your older Finetems mod allowed me to. I loved making mini houses that allowed me to put windows next to each other

and that is exactly what I did. it keeps telling me invalid manifest

Windows need to have the margin removal applied directly anyway as they don’t use a mixin file like doors do.

is there a way I can set it up so it autimatically removes margins from all building items in the game? a rpevious version of finetems mod allowed me to do just taht, and I loved it.

Well, technically there is a simple Lua way to do that, I can wrap it up for you in a few minutes. I don’t implement it in the API because it is a very invasive approach, but it will work.

1 Like

thank you so much.

I had this little setup and everything in my houses. It would be a door right next to a window, it looks so cute.

Ill send you a picture of it once I can re-make it with the new API option

its nice to have as an option, maybe just keep it separate form the regular mod? That way, we can have the best of both worlds

Thanks ever so much for this, you are amazing.

So this is way more complicated than I thought. It will take some more time to do that properly.

roger that.

Just wondering, what did you do before that allowed you to do this? I remember being able to do so ins the last version of “finetems” before “Pawel API” was introduced.

Windows had the fix applied per item, doors had the basic door mixin in stonehearth.smod altered but it causes an error so I changed that.