Pandemic's Art and Modding Corner! Bringing Pretty Back since 2017!

Give me a few weeks, I’m totally down to do it.

2 Likes

I’ll be waiting.

Awesome work, Pandemic! Might I suggest something along the lines of a Steel-Armored Footman on the opposing side of the picture? and then have a Hearthling and Goblin Town in the background on there respective sides. With Goblins and Footman fighting behind the Commander/Chieftain? That’d be pretty cool.

I have an idea for a wallpaper myself that I’m in the process of preparing 3D Models for.

Currently the early ones like the current and skeleton one is just me learning new lighting and rigging processes and putting them in action, once I have a decent understanding of the lighting, rendering and processes used I’ll be doing more complicated scenes. As for this one, It’ll be a “daily life in the goblin camp” type deal

EDIT: To avoid double posting I’ll just put this here…

Continuing to experiment with Cycles, learning fast thanks to some help from Youtube and other sources (Yay Internet). Got a lighting pass down along with a change of perspective and the fire pit.

Rendering Time for Preview: 1 hour and 37 minutes

7 Likes

Alright, I’m just rendering out the Goblin Render Final after which I’ll splatter the Stonehearth game logo on it and release it to you fine people. I’m going to leave topics open for renders, so if you have one suggest it. Try not to be too obvious cause in all likelyhood I’m already concepting for it, Like a battlefield and such.

Rules and Restrictions:

1. Models must be easy to create, or already available through vanilla game or mods
  2. Must be simple enough to make creation easy but be able to contain a whole picture
  3. Modded ideas but be approved by Mod Author or be suggested by author.

IF your idea doesn’t fit in or you want a render for your mod then feel free to ask, I’ll contact you for joint concept discussions.

I’ll also be doing display pictures like the one I have now but MUCH prettier, these will be available for anyone. With the same rules as the render backgrounds but with the added rule:

1. If the display picture is of a custom model, a detailed description of model must be given to streamline model creation.

If these take off who knows I might be able to cash in on it but I won’t for the time being. As of this post the Goblin Render will take 3hrs to render out which mean it’ll be out tonight… scratch that, had wrong settings. Tommorow morning if we’re lucky… scratch that rendering isn’t going smoothly, gotta figure it out :confused:

4 Likes

So would it be to much to ask for a goblin dragging a Hearthling gravestone?

As it has been seen before:

1 Like

I didn’t get the chance to put a Goblin Thief into the Camp render, I’d be more than happy to do a goblin group stealing things from a town but I’d like to do something none goblin so that I’m not going the same models over and over as well as to add variety, Put I’ll most definitely put it on the list :slight_smile:

SO, I now have a huge time slot opening. I’ll be doing more stuff I guess.

DOING STUFF!!!

I’m going to add a little goblin footdude (NO jokes, thats actually what I named the file") sitting by the fire and chilling but thats about it. Then I’ll slap a logo on this and release :smiley: Oh right, I’m adding a small light to show more behind the chest… so yeah

6 Likes

Because nothing says “Popular” like a triple post :stuck_out_tongue:

RELEASE and UPDATE:

Alright, so I finished the new render. I like to think I did a lot better on this one, did extreme research on the lighting to simulate in game effects with an exception of the green fire for the goblins… wasn’t a fan of how the light hit the models. With out any further word…

As you can see I’ve changed alot in the whole …few hours since the last one. Lighting is less harsh and I feel it shows more of the style of the game. I must admit I prefer this one to the Skeleton one because while the Skeleton one was more “Look what I can do” this one is more “Look what I can do when I use more than fancy lighting”. Tried using a bigger floor plain to have the pieces less bunched together, had 8 pieces in the skeleton one but I have 11 in this one but it feels less cluttered.

NOW then! I finally can play Stonehearth so I’ll be building amazing little buildings and sharing the files with all your lovely people. I’m going to experiment with the new slabs and other pieces of new building engine aspects so hopefully I can make something awesome :smiley:

As for my next render I think it’ll be Ascendancy based rather than monster based so look out for that :slight_smile: OH I almost forgot @SteveAdamo you can feel free to share this with Tom on stream XD

13 Likes

would love to! :smile: :+1:

3 Likes

Lovely work! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Thanks for sharing and inspiring us on!

9 Likes

well, he loved it @Pandemic! :smiley:

I noticed XD My chat was broke so I couldn’t say anything so…

I’m working on the fire particles, hopefuly I can figure out a good way of doing them cause if I did them like the skeletone eyes it would just be too bright.

Really happy I got the nice little feature on stream today, thats both the skeleton and goblin renders… hopefully I can continue to make them better as I go and keep enjoying making them for you guys :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome @Pandemic well made again!

4 Likes

Alright, I started making the new render which will show off the pretty water, and 2nd story building along with some fancy pants slab work I’m surprised no one has actually done yet…

But instead of being all “This will happen and this will be in it” I’ve decided to show more of my process like making terrain for them. Which is what I’m doing today!

So, first what you want to do is have the idea. Obviously its important to have a vision of what it’ll look like when you’re done, but you dont want to hold onto it otherwise the “Good mistakes” won’t be good and you’ll just give up if you can’t make it work. Next you wanna get it in pieces, separate your characters and objects as well as make other ones.

Above you can see the floor of the scene without buildings. The black dots show where the corners of each building will go. This will also help me with the planning of characters and objects later, like the crop lines in the bottom left.

Next you want to liberate on your base plan by adding details, It’s important to make sure you go FARTHER than where the viewer will see cause you dont know what’ll be poking up from the back edge, it’ll seem strange if you have forest on an edge and it just stops.

Here’s I’ve finished the floor and walls of the scene, I’ve kept camera angle in mind to know what I do and don’t need to do added another few makers and will start on the buidlings and bridge.

EDIT: And of course after the building are made and put into place. I’m having issues making sense of it’s scaling cmopared to the landscape but I think i did good.

EDIT 2: Continuing to add objects, trying to keep it open and not overly cluttered. Adding detail and other smaller objects like the flag and fences that give more to the scene. It’s grainy because as you add cycles to the rendering it becomes clearer and cleaner but adds alot of time to render. Since I’m only testing there’s no point in having high quality renders for previews.

ALOT OF EDITS!!! aka EDIT 3:

Awhile back I told… @Hyrule_Symbol that you need to keep in mind the camera, cause when something seems far away in the picture it may not be at all, I’ve also said that scaling can also simulate distance. I figured I’d give an example along with this update (I have nothing to do today so this is all i’ve been doing.) Here’s the render about 5 minutes ago:

Check out that awesome bridge… Anywho, the back ridge isn’t that far away at all even then it might seem it. Same with the trees. All it is, is minor distancing mixed with scaling to create the effect of distance. Here’s what this render looks like when you’re not seeing it through the Camera object:

As you can see, there’s a gap along with the trees having different sizes and rotations, but being the same model it makes it seem like the smaller the tree gets, the further it is. Note, this isnt the best example I should’ve used but it was there and figured even if it isn’t the best, it still shows my point in function.

That’s all I’m going to update today, next time you see this render should be when it’s done. I’m aiming to finish it but Monday, Tuesday latest. I have a few farmers and villagers to rig along with another custom model to add :slight_smile:

LAST EDIT: I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME: EDIT 4:

So, I realized I’ve never shown how I rig the dudes, goblins, animals and other things that bite.

That’s the skeleton rig for EVERY humanoid model in the game. It’s a modified Rig that was originally from the Plugin Rigify altered to allow nature movement to Stonehearth characters. I have 2, one for People sized people, and one for Goblin and vertically challenged people… meaning the model.

16 Likes

End of the Day Update:

So, progress has been rapid today. Managed to get 3 out of the 5 villagers rigged posed and put in, still more to add, some things to adjust, a quality pass, a lighting pass and hopefully with any luck this village render will be out tomorrow maybe Sunday if I drag my feet. ( Just started playing Vagante and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, so… I’d put my bets on Sunday…)

As for it’s current state, I promised full disclosure so with no further ado, ado, ado, ado… it’s a funny word give me a break. Here’s the end result of today’s rendering:

I’m going to be moving the carpenter off the ledge and doing work at a station next to the blue house. I always seem to make the guy with a beard a carpenter… I don’t know why, maybe it’s my old “Home Improvement” watching days coming through… (Is my old showing?)

I wanted the Villager on the bridge to be the one person who noticed the world now has water and the Farmer is all like “What is wrong with him?”. Gonna add some flying birds (BIRDS) to the scene along with flowers and a row of berry bushes on the left with 2 other villagers (Both Female).

Until later my people, and i made this another post because the likes on the last one are really getting up there XD

18 Likes

HaHa @Pandemic !

i have also managed to brake through the Cycles wall

Now, you have a Rival!

And i have Finally Awoken…

(just gonna plug my Trello here…)

14 Likes

Oooo, a Golem has awaken! very cool looking :smile:

1 Like

I love the bridge and those roofs! Particularly the ?gables? above the doorways.

Is the 45 degree tree going to make the final cut?

That is a nice render. I love the lighting in there.

Probubly not, I just put it there so I could get some lighting info

3 Likes