Pandemic's Art and Modding Corner! Bringing Pretty Back since 2017!

those are pikes, not spears :wink:

[quote=“Atralane, post:1072, topic:5176”]
Now you folks can get back on topic.
[/quote]sorry… i just had to have the final word in this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(sorry for all the derailment @Pandemic… gosh i’m a terrible moderator…)

2 Likes

Oh, come now. Pikes are a type of spear–let’s not overcomplicate terms.

Though I will defer to the use of “pike” or “polearm” here, given their alliteration with “People” in the title.

(And honestly, given their size, there’s no way those things in the game are even close to being “pikes”!)

Retuning to the origin of the debate, what’s the story/lore of the series being based on? Personal writing or community-generated content/concepts? I actually had no idea about the project until now, to be honest.

2 Likes

It’s a lot of both. The story will be mainly my own though, if people let me I’ll probably be open to community stories. I’ve written the lore so it makes sense of the game, even the world size something like a community world or story is very far from out of the question. I did have a thread for it a LONG time ago! You might be able to find it, though alot of the info is outdated

4 Likes

I think I did. And its length scared me.

It was my first main thread. This one is Waaaayyy longer. I think my first model ever is in there somewhere

2 Likes

UPDATE:

Been working tirelessly on new FEP, PwS and Render stuff but today is gonna be a Community Build Render!

So obviously it’s @Kythandra’s Town of Harutoshi! I had already been in progress in making plans for this one, He had some fantastic ideas for stuff to be added to Nihonjin. So, I figured lets make a render showing off the amazing build along with sprucing it up further with all the stuff being added to Nihonjin due to the suggestions he left.

Here’s a link to the build, if you havent seen it already it’s pretty awesome:
The Town of Harutoshi and Atarashii Haru-jo

There will be more to come soon!

More Progress:

11 Likes

The most epic thing in stonehearth history is happening now.

3 Likes

Further Progress being made:

Straying from the original build. All the building in the area didn’t sit well with me so I took 2 out and put trees down. Got alot left to do!

12 Likes

I loave you and your work.

FEP DEV UPDATE:

So, I’ve been taking a step back from the Harutoshi Render to do some FEP model work. I think this next one will be my most wanted models for the game. Been playing with FEP installed and I still find myself wishing for certain objects to give my towns a more social and complete feel. Here’s a screenshot of my current WIP Model:

Been thinking of making a more mods based off of @sdee’s Livestream tutorials focusing around Combat, like Armor Standalones and Weapon packs. If I end up doing that I’ll probably end up making a Solo mod thread and move FEP there and have this just be my Art Stuff thread.

Back to the Grind!

16 Likes

Render Update:

Added more trees and building extended the roads and added the boardwalks to the other buildings. Soon I’ll start on the Shrine thing in the middle and adding further detail in as well as a general tidy up.

I decided to use the Laketown lamps because they seem very light and still seem more correct. Still looking for more ways to make it pop and I still have some I want to try :slight_smile:

MORE STUFF:

I didn’t want to make another post cause I’m kinda working faster now. So, I added a new design to the Shopping Stalls to make it fit, LOVING IT though! You’ll see :stuck_out_tongue:

Alot more to do :smiley:

12 Likes

ooh! i’m loving this render so far, so many little details already packed into it! i also really love those tiny juniper trees, they’re so cute!

4 Likes

Can’t wait till it’s full of people and bursting with life. :smile:

2 Likes

Or @Pandemic won’t add people, and it’ll be spoopy for Halloween.

3 Likes

End of the Day Render Update:

Messing with lighting and posing our 2 favorite people in the Render World! Tried to pose them like they are being sneaky. I think it turned out nicely. More work to be done tomorrow!

11 Likes

Looks completely amazing!!! But aren’t the stalls a little too small to fit a person inside, I may be wrong so you don’t have to listen.

I am in loveee with that Torii! You are doing an awesome job Pandemic :smile:

2 Likes

UPDATE:

So, I’ve been runnig dry on the current render though I have ideas to finish it and after this one there will be ANOTHER Nihonjin Render.Why? Inspiration. Deal with it :stuck_out_tongue:

I have made no progress lately, been working on the 3D models for PoS. Idt I’ll use voxel models because the limits for animation. Stonehearth will still be the base for it, I just will be using original assets to avoid any issue legally and creatively.

7 Likes

Update:

So i’ve got myself an issue. Qubicle has decided it doesnt want me to open it and sends me an error message and spams my computer with it. It’s rather annoying.

Starts like this:

Then does this:

This happens everytime I try to boot Qubicle. I can’t do anything about it, if anyone has had an issue like this refer me to the solution cause I can’t do anything else until I can get models exported again.

5 Likes

oh dear! :hushed:

the only thing i can really do to help you here is to page @Tim the creator of Qubicle Constructor. if you havent already, perhaps you should also email them about the problem.

1 Like