Off-topic: Robo-tech has 750k?!

Guuuuuurl we about to throwdown!

But seriously I don’t think they need to make a change to their existing tiers, and I think ‘fault’ is the wrong word.

They have achieved their goal, are funded, and people are still pledging, that to me signifies that people can see the potential of this game.

I think the only thing they need to do is add a $75 tier which could include things suggested in [urlhttp://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/what-s-your-idea-for-a-proposed-75-tier/478/2]this thread[/url].

That could potentially help people pledge a bit more, and would also be a nice stepping stone to the $100 tier for those who aren’t too sure, and perhaps don’t feel they are getting much more than the $50 tier.

I agree that it seems like people are dumping crazy amounts of money on games like Hex and Robotech. Hex isn’t even giving you physical goods, either – it’s all online, so it’s doing the equivalent of monetizing each individual settler. Which seems kinda crazy to me. Multiple people are dropping over 10k each! I mean, maybe this is just me, I know I’m cheap, but that seems like an absurd, almost immoral amount of money to spend on any one game, almost crossing over into the “you realize people are starving in Africa while you light your cigars with hundred dollar bills” zone. I suppose in some sense it’s more equitable – let people play for free, charge only those who can afford it – but it sort of inevitably imbalances pvp games.

I think the genre of this game would have to be a lot more fully developed before people were willing to be spending cash just for one extra awesome settler. The Cannons would also have to be willing to, well, corrupt their game in that specific fashion – letting people literally buy themselves advantages in PvP play – and they’ve quite rightly said they don’t want to do that. If they had, I think a lot of us would be far less willing to back this project – I certainly would lose interest. Which may explain part of why Stonehearth has (last time I looked, anyway) something like three times as many backers as Hex, despite Hex getting a front-page Penny Arcade comic for advertising. It’s a different model – a good balanced game that’s broadly accessible to all, hopefully garnering lots of small backers, for which everyone will have to pay a small fee (buying a copy), instead of a theoretically “free to play” game that’s ultimately aimed at the narrow band of people willing and able to plunk down multiple hundreds of dollars to gain virtual advantage over the less-well-off in a virtual game.

That came across as harsh on the F2Play model, which I don’t mean to be, gotta fund things somehow, sure, but with funding games on a wealthy-people-pay-more-and-get-advantages model there’s an inherent game imbalance that arises and I’d be a lot less interested in this game if it were following that model.

We have 9000 backers. They have 3000. Its called pledge management. If you have some insane pledges that are higher amounts, more people pay for more expensive stuff.

@DAWGaMims The simple answer is that tabletop miniatures cost a lot more than videogames do. So their pledge levels require more money roughly 1:3 more as you can see by the pledgers to money ratio.

I myself dropped $265 on Myth, $100 on the captain level, and $165 on add-ons. It’s paying easily less than $1 per miniatures, if you only got the captain level at $100. you’re only paying .50ish cents per miniature. It was a steal of a bargain, 'cause normally you’d be dropping $50 on 6-10 miniatures.

Simply, miniatures cost more, and you get more bang for your buck.

Here, the majority of people are good with a $30 pledge, which is 1/3rd less than the majority pledge on miniatures. It’s pretty simple. Games cost less to buy so people don’t need to pledge as much to get what they want.

And they’re doing perfectly fine with the options they have available, the key with videogames isn’t people spending more money, it’s word of mouth. It’s getting more people interested into the game so more people pledge the $30 to jump on the beta. video games have a wider demographic. We need to utilize that wider demographic. I myself, know for sure I’ve introduced the game to at least 5 other people, all of whom have dropped $30 for the beta level. That’s $150 right there. and I know they’ve all at least invited 1 other person as well, so that’s another $150. that’s me netting the project $300.

If even HALF of the current backers bothered to get a few friends into it. Hell even just 1 friend apart from yourself backing this for $30 (cause let’s face it, most people want beta) then we’d be at $491,079 and if everyone currently backing it got simply 1 more person to back it at the $30 mark, we’d be at $649,269. If people just simply threw the link up on their facebook, who knows how many people would click on it or check it out. just show them the video, Half the time that’s all it took for me, but you have to talk about this game. WE HAVE to talk about this game, to our friends, to everyone we’d think would be interested, because this game IS interesting, and people WOULD be interested. But WE have to get doing it

@DAWGaMims

Real Talk: How much have you pledged, player?

If everyone donated $250 like I did we’d be at $2,653,750 and Radiant Entertainment wouldn’t know what to do with themselves.

…Well what I’m proposing is actually feasible and what the community should be doing. Just explaining that it’s not difficult to see the stretch goals reached by any ‘stretch’ of the imagination.

Pun intended.