(Not So) Quick List of Phrases for Translation

May I add that in stonehearth.smod, inside stonehearth/locales there is the file en.txt. That contains quite a lot of things that could be translated… :slight_smile:

Ya, I found that as well. I just haven’t gotten around to editing out all of the code so that just the text that needs translations is left :smile:

Ah okay… :blush: I’m glad I helped in some sort of way? :tongue:

What kind of time-bending Martian are you? That would definitely NOT be a “quick” list on Earth. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is awesome!

Now we just need some way to divide the work and coordinate it.

I’m working today, and would like to give translating the list into dutch a shot, but… It would be a waste of time and effort if my fellow Dutch translators did the samething and we all post our lists afterwards.

So while this is a good start, I think it would be very usefull to give this a little more thought.

Also we would ned a format that works for RedEnt, othersiwe we give them more work, which is probably not something they’re keen on.

Which is exactly what this this thread’s for:

The entire point of that thread was not to see who’d do what so we knew which translations we’d get, but to see who’d do what so those who put themselves forward could get together or work out some way to work together on it!

1 Like

We also need someone to translate it into Klingon and Pirate Speak… :smile:

2 Likes

Haha, yes, though I’m sure we can ‘convince’ Notch to let us use his pirate speech

Very nice! I would love to help out in the development of Stonehearth, and this could be my way to do so.
As I don’t see anyone raising a hand to translate this into Swedish I’ll go ahead and start with it =)

One question though; do you guys think a simple text file (e.g. .doc or .txt) with a table of translation is enough? Or do you think something else would be more appreciated?
I don’t know if any fellow Swede will hop along and help me out; nor if the end goal is to send it all to Radiant and have them implement it all by them self?

Notch involved in the development of Stonehearth? People! Take your bags because we have another Minecraftclone coming our way! :blush:

Did… did you just say that… :disappointed:

I totally did… let’s fire Notch. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Hamnisu if you head over here:

You’ll find that 3 others like yourself have volunteered for Swedish, and the more the merrier!

I just thought it might be quite nice for you to have people to work with, so you could collaborate, double-check with anything each of you isn’t sure of and not go through the effort of making two identical translations because you worked separately, which to me seems a bit counter-productive. :wink:

1 Like

I’m just reading up on all the topics I find related to translation.
This one will be my next. Thanks! :smile:

And yes, I too believe it is way better to work as a team on something like this! Thanks for the heads-up :wink:

1 Like

You can always use the translation file in the official game folder too (as far as I know). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just read through that entire list and there was literally two changes you’d need to make to make it proper British English (labor>labour, mom>mum). Other than that, there were 3 occasions when you could substitute the s for a z, but both are accepted English spellings. It’s quite odd how few Americanisms there were actually. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I can hardly see how a joke about Notch us his pirate speech language is going to make Stonehearth (an RTS) a Minecraft clone, you might as well say all games are a Minecraft Clone because they all have 1 language that will be featured in Minecraft

You guys talked about Notch involved in the languages and when I changed it to involved in Development this came out of it. I don’t say Notch would make Stonehearth a Minecraft clone when giving the Pirate Speech translation, I talked about if he would be involved into the development. I never said what you guys said would make it a Minecraft clone. :wink:

Well, all we were joking about was the pirate speech language, we never mentioned getting Notch to be involved in the development, so, you’re trying to criticise me for something I didn’t say and didn’t infer, instead it was you.

Also your post make no or very little sense

Let’s just chill our jets guys yes?

2 Likes