New website page

I just saw the fancy new layout for the website. looking good looking good :wink: cant wait to see what else you guys have up youā€™re sleeves

4 Likes

Huhhhhhh? o.O where did you see this?

itā€™s a secretā€¦ donā€™t bring forth @bradā€™s wrath! heā€™s wrathful!! :smile:

2 Likes

i was gonna post this, but i had to go to supper :laughing:

also, perhaps it should be under Development?

Ahh its ok, food gets me every time as well :pizza:

2 Likes

everyone liesssssssss! :angry:

foodā€¦ foodā€¦ fooooood!!!

:pizza: :hamburger: :fries: :doughnut: :bread: :poultry_leg: :meat_on_bone: :spaghetti: :curry: :fried_shrimp: :sushi: :ramen: :stew: :icecream: :cake: :strawberry: :custard: :watermelon: :corn: :bento: :fish_cake: :rice_ball: :rice_cracker: :rice: :oden: :dango: :egg: :ice_cream: :shaved_ice: :birthday: :cookie: :chocolate_bar: :candy: :honey_pot: :lollipop: :apple: :melon: :peach: :green_apple: :tangerine: :cherries: :grapes: :lemon: :banana: :pear: :pineapple: :sweet_potato: :eggplant: :tomato:

sorry, what were we talking about?

1 Like

Yes, the catā€™s out of the bag. On the other hand, we opened the bag.
The new website is propagating nowā€¦ everyone should be able to see it either this evening or tomorrow morning latest.
Let us know what you think!

7 Likes

@SteveAdamo: what do you mean Iā€™m wrathful? Thatā€™s 10 demerits for you, mister.

5 Likes

Im gonna cry if i donā€™t figure out why I can see it on my phone but not my computer :cry: WHY BRAD WHY!?!?! Give me your internet knowledge!

I seriously thought this was a conspiracy against meā€¦ xD Even ask @Pandemic :laughing:

3 Likes

The ways of the InterTubes are dark and mysterious. Who know why things happen as they do? Rest assured that the new site should appear on all your devices soonā€¦ (if youā€™re not seeing it by tomorrow morning, you may need to clear your cache).

4 Likes

Try Ctrl-F5 on the page. Itā€™ll load the latest version fresh from the interwebs instead of a cached versionā€¦ At least it did for me.

3 Likes

CONSPIRACY!!! Like Jason Bourneā€¦ but you knowā€¦ internety? CONSPIRACY!!!

The website looks awesome!

1 Like

Hey, is anyone having problems making comments on the dev blog posts in the new site? I donā€™t see any comments and it doesnā€™t seem to be letting me log in to make a comment myself.

A bug that iā€™ve noticedā€¦ The twitch link, just takes you to a page that doesnā€™t exist on the websiteā€¦
After clicking it several times this is how my URL looksā€¦ http://stonehearth.net/welcome-2/twitch.tv/twitch.tv/twitch.tv/twitch.tv/twitch.tv/twitch.tv/twitch.tv/stonehearth

I noticed that the link seems to get rid of /stonehearth and add /twitch.tv/stonehearth to the URL everytime its clicked.

Hah, looks like it was written as a relative url instead of an absolute one.

1 Like

Another little bug i found was that the connection to disqus seems to be nonfunctional. Loggin in on the disqus site works just fine. On the new stonehearth site on the other hand even after posting as a guest the message ā€œwrong API Keyā€ appears. ā€¦ And yes i cleared my cookies and cache. :smile:
May be worth looking intoā€¦?

Regardlessā€¦ ITā€™s LOOKING GREAT brad. Good job!

1 Like

thanks for all the feedback folks! the new site does look fantastic, amirite? :wink:

as for the issues here and there, I believe @brad and co. are still fine tuning the site, but please do post up those bugs you come across! :+1:

4 Likes

first of all, Iā€™ve been lurking (and sometimes actively posting) since the early kickstarter days, so Iā€™ve seen all the versions of the blog, and i think you did great job with the new website. i really like the look of it and it will definitely help new players :+1:

i did found a few technical problems though and missing important information (in my opinion), i also have a few suggestions. so here is my list:

problems and missing info

• there are some duplicate pictures in the gallery (not hard to fix i imagine).
  • the page numbers at the bottom of the dev blog are really hard to read (at least for me).
  • for some reason pictures in older posts in the dev blog do not appear (again, at least for me).
  • poor tony, doesnā€™t get any credit for streaming on Wednesdays :worried:
  • i think its really important to add radiantā€™s definition of alpha, beta and full release to the ā€œrelease prosesā€ section, just to avoid any confusion.
  • maybe its intentional, but i canā€™t find any link to the wiki.

suggestions

• what about adding a ā€œwallpapersā€ section to the media? i miss the concept-art pictures from the old gallery, plus you can add there all the different backgrounds from all the alphas :grinning:
  • you probably thought about this already, but what about a ā€œmoddingā€ section where you can find popular mods, official radiant posts and guides for modding and interesting forum threads that are related to modding?
  • since modding is such a big focus of the game maybe adding ā€œmodā€ title the the welcome message on the starting page will be smart? where you describe how radiant have built their on engine with focus on modding and encourage people to try and mod the game?

the last problem i have is probably a personal preference thing, but as much as i love green i find it a bit overwhelming when i scroll down the dev blog or the starting page and there is no other colors to break it (especially in the starting page) :confused: that said it not too bad.

other than those small things the new website is awesome, and i wish you the best of luck entering steam early access :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes