NEW BUILDER VERY UNSTABLE BRANCH O.o

ok so after reading (for a few minutes) near top and near bottom… i have not seen a post yet ask for

• could it be possible fo us to say, build a house out of wood… but use stone colors to paint?

• have some kind of fill color / pick color tool so on those massive builds it won’t take us hours just to paint?

• allow us to build (as with old builder) in line with the ground (not above it)

• allow us to add doors/windows after building (if we forget this when finalized) and/or even allow us to take out certain parts of the build (like hole tool) once it has been finalized/built? (or would that be too much)

-raises hand-
cellars too please! i’d like to be able to plot out holes in the build tool! so hole-templates!

this is still planed AFAIK.

kind of beats the point of different materials really, so im assuming a no.

1 Like

i had not even THOUGHT of that… what a perfect idea…

• a tool that allowes us to build cellers in the sense of… whqat height do your want from > to and then the rule that says if placed under ground get hearthlings to mine to XX depth abd then build (dont know how the code would work… could it work as a mod do you think?) @Wouter_Sikkema

SOME of us just love chopping wood (or mining stone) more than the other though QQ :cry:

1 Like

new input for the builder: after building something with just the blockstool - you can´t place ladders or items on the building anymore - with the buildtool you can still place items on it and click again build but with the normal placetool its not possible anymore

But not all when the roof is to near then they dont know to build -.-

Worked for me later but i guess it was a bug or something when it did not work

For decorations and furniture i mean that there should be categories inside these because with mods its a big mess and almost impossible to find what you look for quickly

1 Like

@Wiese2007 the ladders issue has already been fixed in our internal branch for the next build.
Can’t repro the not being able to place items with the placement menu on blocks. Any more details?

1 Like

i was thinking more, an in-builder-mode-dig-tool, that immediately cuts the blocks away, so then you have a “fake” hole already where you can build in.
as soon as you go out of build mode the floor is still there ofc.

then when you hit build, they first dige the whole, and then start building whatever you designed in the hole. or if you did not place blocks all they do is dig that hole you drew in build mode.

you dwarf :stuck_out_tongue: lean how 2 wood (says the man addicted to using wood)

perhaps its also fixed within the internal branch ^^ just build a column with the build system and then try to place a wallmounted garden lantern at it - if you can set it - its fixed ^^ we get at the moment the red x symbol if we try it ^^

1 Like

Oh, I always thought you actually could cheat with the paint tool. Never noticed that blocks turn to stone then. Was just incredulously trying it out. Color me surprised.

1 Like

ummm :thinking:i am no dwarf… you ar… oh… i see what you did there …

I love the new tagging for blocks to be roofs but we need to be able to tag these things while we select more than 1 block for example shift left click several blocks. This does not work atm and would speed everything up a ton instead of clicking 1 block and tag it ect. like on the sides of my roof on pictures below.

Also another thing would be to let us decide the tag of the block even before placing them that would be insanely faster :slight_smile:

Thanks for the new measurement by the way for the latest release love it :smiley:

5 Likes

we can tag what is roof now? O.o

3 Likes

Ah, I see.
Then yes, it was probably related to the ladder issue too. Something to do with the placement menu, which holds both actions. It’s fixed for next build, yes.

Edit: @coasterspaul, the issue about the curtains is also fixed in our internal branch.

4 Likes

i like this also but at most i like the ruler which shows the scaffolding ^^ so i know how much distance i need to build a house ^^

for singlewalls i would like to see an option to set from which side the should build the scaffolding but its not needed ^^

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve seen this mentioned yet, if it has, sorry. The new arrow loops made by the mason become offset from their holes when placed, on some sides of the building. You can work around it by placing the window from inside the building instead of out. If you just make a 4 sided room and try and place them on all four sides you will see what I mean.

2 Likes

OK, another one also fixed for next build. Let us know if there’s any other building part that has issues.

2 Likes

i have had quiet a few issues with placing curtains on some walls. works on some interior walls but not on others. No idea if this happens in base game or only with mods.
Seems to have to do with windows. if it’s just a wall it works

and had some problem to have throw rug under other furnitures in latest release does not work for me it seems

3 Likes

uuhh i dont have the time to check if it is already fixed now, but before last nights update, the dropdown walls in the rooftool… placing windows in them and then trying to hang curtains would not work. Basicly anything (lamps etc.) that would go on a wall would not go on those dropdown walls…

• I’ve had workers getting stuck on top of half-built walls because they haven’t built much scaffolding/ladders to support them, and since we can’t yet build ladders to help them, I have to teleport them to safety.
  • I’ve had trouble adding decorative things like wall-mounted tapestries and banners to two walls of most/every room in a building (I forget which directions, but it was, e.g., N and E).
  • Furniture can be placed right next to other furniture or walls, but if you select it and try to move it around or rotate it, it can no longer be right next to any other furniture or walls.
  • Some decorative items at the top of walls on one of my builds are considered structural since they’re right underneath an upper floor (they’re signs), and must be placed before actual structural building can continue, though none of the windows/doors/etc. are getting placed until the actual structural part is done.

This is possible, just not the default result. After you drag out a room, select it and use the up/down directional arrows to drag it down into the ground. Unfortunately I think you have to do this with every ground-level room, so a simpler way/setting in the build ui would be helpful.

3 Likes