NEW BUILDER VERY UNSTABLE BRANCH O.o

Texture was a poor choice of words. Patterns would be more correct. Referring to the ones that were available with the slab and road tools.

I genuinely don’t remember those. Time for some digging!

1 Like

I really miss the ones for roads, made them appear more like cobbles rather than just solid boring strips.

3 Likes

I believe he’s talkin’ about the stone options for flooring/roads that were a mix of like heather, granite green, and somethin’ or other, and then the rosy stone colors, or the wooden floors that had like a zigzag pattern on em. We used to could use those for slabs, but they’re not there in the new builder.

3 Likes

Precisely that! And more like them.

2 Likes

I 100% agree, I love quick and easy options like that. I don’t have spend an age painting individual blocks, I can just plop down a pre-determined pattern and be done with it, if I’m really feelin’ the fantasy I can mix and match patterns lol.

4 Likes

(from A19 builder)

So more of these?
I’ll take a look into that; maybe aim for a “Building Patterns” sort of thing

5 Likes

YES OMG YES!!! :jubilant: ahem Sorry about that, yes those are what we’re talking about.

3 Likes

:+1: We have a winner!

Road patterns are fixed in the next build.

15 Likes

Two minor things I found with the building editor with the latest patch:

• Fences can no longer be sunk into walls. However, they still can be sunk into blocks. (But I know fences are getting retooled anyway.)
  • It seems that you can’t place curtains over windows (on either side of a wall), but you can place windows under curtains. Also, the highlighted boundary that appears when you click curtains is offset a block over and up.

Glad to see numbers back on dragging, though I wish they wouldn’t disappear when you drag a wall back to the size it was before you started dragging. That’s an even more minor issue, though, because I’m mostly able to count. :stuck_out_tongue:

Could we get these things
Mouse over item shows name of decoration?
search decoration / furniture?
Would make designing a ton easier and perhaps let us make this window bigger or smaller and divide into categories for furniture and decorations?

3 Likes

Everytime now with the new release 838 A24.8 when using road tool it switches to this yellow color and i have to reselect the color i want after every click

Also destroying roads leaves holes after

2 Likes

Buildings who goes in the Ground wenn finished and destroyed too

3 Likes

im thinking this is not neccesarilly bad, as long as we could get somethign that can put rock/dirt in locations and be counted as rock/dirt again. same with the paths really.

tempted to log in and break this :stuck_out_tongue:

This should already work :thinking:
Edit: yep, it works.

Decorations are under the first icon, furniture under the second one:

Currently, the furniture category feels quite big (especially with mods adding more furniture). Would it be possible to bring back the subcategories from the old builder, or at the very least split furniture into workbenches, storage and furniture (beds, chairs, etc.)

That would be a question for @Sweet.

I agree that with mods and all the crafters at max level it can feel big.