New_Builder Stonehearth won't load (corrupted templates from old editor)

So i launch Stonehearth for the first time today and it just showed me a black screen and nothing else so i went to the unstable beta and it load perfectly fine and for mods i only have the basic mod that you get when you first purchase Stonehearth

Anything in your stonehearth.log when it shows the black screen?
It’s located inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth.

1 Like

Sorry you’re experiencing this! One thing to try is whitelisting stonehearth again with your antivirus; the new builder is a separate executable. Please do let us know if you see anything in the log or find a good workaround!

1 Like

I checked that file while i have my game running but i have no clue what i am looking for?

Thing is the game work perfectly fine before this and i never had to whitelist it before so i went ahead and did that but it still showed up as a black screen i going to try to play the new builder on Saturday when i have access to my other computer

Could you upload the stonehearth.log after letting the game run for a minute with the black screen?
It’s really strange that on unstable it loads fine but on the rickety_building branch it doesn’t. Haven’t heard of similar reports :thinking:

1 Like

stonehearth.rar (540 Bytes)
I think this is the stonehearth log and i ran it for 5 min and it was still black screen which is weird but it work perfectly fine on my laptop which is weird

That’s the stonehearth.json file, not the stonehearth.log file. :disappointed_relieved:

Where can i find the log file then??

It is in the same folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth
You might have copied the wrong file since both are called the same. If you have file extensions enabled it is easier to distinguish them:

1 Like

stonehearth.rar (2.5 KB)
Found it

1 Like

So there seems to be some remains of a mod there (perhaps something with the Steam workshop).

But the reason that it is having trouble to load only in the builder branch seems to be due to some corrupted building template.

Can you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates

and remove the “Castle Corner with building.json” template? Let’s see if that helps.

1 Like

Weird but okay let see if that will work

i went ahead and just moved all my templates in a new folder just because i won’t be needing any of them with the new builder and just in case any other one affect them and apparently it was because i had some corrupt templates

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s solved :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah thanks for the help now i can use the new builders :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: