Can't play Stonehearth due to broken menu

I’ll just get straight to the point,

My game play has been severely limited, within the main menu of Stonehearth I cannot properly interact with menu buttons thus preventing me from playing the game. I have seen another thread about this, infact i’ve seen two both mentioning how renaming the ‘building_templates’ file fixes the issue. But attempting this did not fix the issue. Again, doing some further research about my problem, ive seen how refreshing the UI can help my problem and which it did, though I didn’t get very far. Upon pressing the singleplayer button and refreshing the UI, I picked my settlement, biome location, etc and when I wanted to press ‘Roster’, again the same problem occurred. The clicking icon appeared and following that the sound but no other visual response. Refreshing the UI only resulted in a cycle of settlement picking again, etc… :frowning:

I have attempted the beta build (r877).
I also tried the latest build with the same error.

My specs are:
Graphics Card - NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Processor - Intel Core i7-4790
RAM - 16 GB DDR3 Corsair

I’m also a new user because of I wasn’t intending on bringing this subject to light but i’m eager to get cracking into the game haha only I cant post my hearhstone.log due that reason. Id really appreciate any help :smile:

Btw, I love the game! Its incredibly addictive!

Welcome to the forum, @Nova_Poodlez :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ve bumped your user level so you should be able to upload files now.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s a mod that includes building templates that’s causing the problem? Have you tried disabling/removing your existing mods, not just your separate building_templates folder?

1 Like

I have unsubscribed from any mods I was using through Steam however checking the folder reveals these “mods”

'debugtools.smod
‘northern_alliance.smod’
‘radiant.smod’
‘rayyas_children.smod’
‘stonehearth.smod’
‘townmonitor.smod’

Though I believe town monitor is the only mod ive downloaded.

Status: Good news, ive removed that mod file and things are working as expected!! Im extremely pleased! Little embarrassed I hadn’t check the actual files sooner… Sorry for making such a large forum :sweat:

Thanks for your immediate help ! Ill know where to come to with any more upcoming bugs! Enjoyyyy

1 Like

@paulthegreat @Relyss Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like