[new_builder] Net Worth changes on loading the game

Starting a new game…playing…
Net Worth:
351, goal: 275

quiting the game…then loading the game:
Net Worth:
351, goal: 1100

1 Like

this time when I load the game there is no buildings net worth value, though i’ve done 4 bulding already!

2 Likes

Woah. I thought I was seeing things!

On save:

On load:

The only difference is, there are no buildings after load.

Summary:
Hi everyone.

It seems when you load your game the buildings wich are built with the newBuilder are not count in the net worth.
I built a tavern, i saw the net worth (1905) and i reload my game and the networth of this building disappear.

Steps to reproduce:

1. build with the new builder.
  2. look your networth
  3. save your game
  4. load it and look your networth

Expected Results:
Same networth after loading a game
Actual Results:
All the networth of my buildings (new builder) disapear.
Attachments:

[EDIT] I made a test with a new save from scratch and the bug is here too (see the following pictures)

Before load

After load
Version Number and Mods in use:
mods :

• autoharvest mods
  • settlement decor
  • stonehearth cafe
  • canyon biome (but i am playing with the ascendy kingdom, in the forest biome)
    System Information:
  • windows 10
  • 8 GO ram
  • GPU nvidia geforce 840M
  • intel i7

EDIT : Buildings of old builder are working well (even when I load the game)

3 Likes

You should try testing this without any active mods. They might be causing the issue.
If the problem still happens without any active mods, the problem is caused by the New Builder.

Yes of course, i will try it in a couple hours.

I get a similar bug and currently play without any mods.

2 Likes

Thx @leftybeaver, so i don’t need to make a test

Any fix of this bug? most important thing to play rigth now.

Summary:
Hi there! Thank you for Stonehearth! Here is a problem. I had 7000+ Net Worth (4000 for Inventory and 3000+ for buildings - all built with new system). After I leave the game and load it again it shows 4500 Net Worth: 4000 for Inventory and 500 for Edibles. And it shows ZERO for buildings.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build something with new builder
  2. Leave the game
  3. Load your save and check Net Worth

Expected Results:
3000 for Buildings
Actual Results:
Notes:

Attachments:
q6jGjZA3EOI
Version Number and Mods in use:
multiplayer
System Information: -

2 Likes

sorry didn’t see “Mods in use”
I play without mods

1 Like

I found the reason and a fix,

In Stonehearth\mods\stonehearth.smod -> stonehearth\scomponents\building2\structure.lua

(stonehearth.smod is just a zip file you can till windows to open it using winrar(or any other unzipper) or just rename it .zip then back to .smod)

on line 48

if not loading then
self:_update_score()
self:_update_regions()
end
this is actually in the load function… so for some odd reason its not updating the score when it loads…

not sure why but if you want you can extract that file and comment out the “if” and “end” by adding 2 dashes or just delete them

–if not loading then
self:_update_score()
self:_update_regions()
–end
then place it back in the smod file I tested it quite a bit with saving and loading and it seems to work, although i have not done any long term testing. I have no idea why they are specifically not calling this if its loading during the loading function

4 Likes

I did something wrong I guess…
I edited it with NotePad and saved and then replaced it in smod

Hmm, well I just realized that I think the forum took my “–” and replaced it with a single “-”. also if you copy and pasted it might of picked up some odd character. instead just type 2 dashes to comment out those 2 lines.

Edit: the forum is definitely turning my 2 dashes into some other character, that could be the unexpected symbol.

1 Like

Check my post father down, it was merged from another post

Thanks for catching this. This comes out of a misunderstanding of the persistence of net worth. Will be fixed for the next update.

3 Likes

Hmm… After the update, will our net worth get updated to what it should be, or is it going to only count up from the new things we are going to construct? :hatching_chick: (I’m sorry, I looked for a “chin scratch” emoji… found this chicken… thought it was cute… :merry:)

If they keep going with they way it is now it will recalculate everything when you load.

1 Like

Yep, @Kailen has it right - it should recalculate your score on load correctly. So it will work for old and new structures.

2 Likes