Neobonde's Qubicle Creations

It is also a good idea to set the export to 1 face per colour and 1 pixel per colour.
This fixed the issue for me

and switch off any default filtering of textures in the your 3d program, I know Maya sets a blur filter on all textures by default, this can cause issues around borders

3 Likes

So with the help from @voxel_pirate and @TobiasSabathius i fixed my renders in blender, and felt inspired to create a big lantern.

And in blender i maybe got carried alittle away with the fire aspect :smile:

Hope you guys like it :smile:

4 Likes

Great that it worked out… and agree, you got carried a little away with the fire :wink:. But nice render.

1 Like

After creating the Lantern, i felt the need for some trees and flowers and what not. So i replicated a bunch of trees and plants that is in various pictures and videos of Stonehearth
Here you go:

Just say the word and i can also upload the .qmo file,

EDIT: Word was said: Replicated Plants.qmo(18.8 KB)</span

5 Likes

Yes, that would be really appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice work @neobonde! ok @voxel_pirate, scarf these up, and add them to your collection! :smile:

So I have been having some time of these couple of days, so i thought i would expand my library of trees/plants, and as well as that i wanted to have some house in the collection. These are all replicated from pictures and video of Stoneheart.
Hope you like 'em.

Replicated Plants.qmo(69.0 KB)

Replicated Houses.qmo(65.5 KB)

There you go @SteveAdamo

5 Likes

indeed… these look spot on! well done @neobonde… might we see the associated .qmo files?

no pressure, mind… just thought i’d ask… :wink:

edit: thanks for the attachments @neobonde! :+1:

So for the past few days, as you may have seen i have been replicating plants and buildings. I have done this for a bigger project. This is my first test at a scene from Stonehearth.

Really Hope you like this first draft of a scene

2 Likes

Great work! I love seeing this sort of thing as it really makes it all come to life, and then gets me all excited for Stonehearth again.

In fact I might try to make my own scene using your models! I’m sure there are some more around the forums as well somewhere …

1 Like

wow, thats a very nice scene! i love how you incorporated several building types into the mix…

just steal borrow some models from @voxel_pirate’s list… you’ve got boats, cannons, plants, furniture, etc. more than enough to make a cozy scene… :smile:

1 Like

Nice work. As a next step I would love to see some characters running around in the scene. This would also help to bring the sizes into relationship. At the moment I have the impression that e.g. the tower on the left side of the picture should be a bit bigger, compared to the houses on the right side.

Yeah i agree, but i had some trouble with my rig… The corners of the thumbs were some how stuck to the other fingers, and i have tried to remake the amature…

And i know that the tower is to small :wink:, but i wanted to show off the floor :smile:

Thought i would show of my new avatar :smile:
I call him picaso… but the name can maybe change :wink:

5 Likes

love the model… and yes, he looks like a Pablo… or, if you slap on a mustache, he could be a Dali… :smiley:

2 Likes

I tried the mustach but i couldn’t make it work :cry:

… or remove one ear and you have van Gogh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Nice model.

P.S. Just one thought which came already into my mind when I saw the new Avatars of @Geoffers747 and @SteveAdamo. They all look very nice, but I have troubles to differentiate based on the icons who is writing what. In the profile-page the Avatars look all unique. However, in a thread… hard to differentiate for me on a first, brief look. Maybe you could add some color to the backgrounds or zoom in? The legs are not that important, aren’t they?

3 Likes

well, my guy’s on a tricycle… but yeah, i see your point… :wink:

i’ll throw in a border color on mine when i get back this evening… chow!

It’s cool, I’ll change mine.

I’ll let you break the news to @Miturion.

@Geoffers747 This is not going to happen :stuck_out_tongue:. As mentioned, they look nice, but maybe add a border like @SteveAdamo mentioned and as they have it here… http://meta.discourse.org/