Neighboring Settlers (SUGGESTION)

Thanks! :smile:

-EpicDwarf 

I really hope my idea will be modded or be added to the final result of the game! :smiley:

This post also marks my :100: thread/post! Yay :smile:

I was gonna ask you to keep it tidy and simply edit your previous post to include this comment seeing as no one had commented since.

Then I saw how excited you were about it being your 100th post, and well, I didn’t have the heart.

Carry on good sir.

1 Like

No hard feelings.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

well, technically with that post, you can delete the other… so…

waits patiently

kidding! … i kid… i’m a kidder…

:smile:

This. Do this. Do it now :smile:. Haha, that is an awesome idea, will add volumes to the game me thinks

1 Like

We see the core of this idea in their construction AIs. The group of builders has the goal of building a house, sub-goals being to chop down trees and store wood. As they work, the relative importance of each goal fluctuates so that the work can always continue. And they have new goals that spring up such as the building and tearing down of scaffolding.

It’s my hope that they expand this to include other tasks as well. If the kobolds are holding the mine so that they can mine from it and build fortifications around it, and then trying to defend it as needed.

It would be a fun mod scenario to take a mine and start mining from it, only to have the kobolds show up and kick you out. By the time you amass enough adventurer-types to kick them out, they’ve already built some fortifications and a small village. At that point, diplomacy or military options could open up. Perhaps you could negotiate that they leave the mine in exchange for some of the ore you subsequently mine. Or more likely, I suspect they’ll just try to kill you rather than let you take the land they rightfully stole.

1 Like

well, we know that’s the intent for the mobs, as illustrated from the KS campaign video…

this is also demonstrated in the “coordinated AI” building video… given that, it seems this will be a pretty huge part of the game! :smiley:

Oh, definitely. I’m just excited from some complex scripted encounters. I love watching the building video b/c the programmers themselves are like, “well, that’s interesting - I didn’t expect them to do that”.

Once the game world reaches a critical mass of units, each with their own set of goals and tasks, I can’t wait to see how the world starts reacting to itself.

1 Like

I’m glad you all like my idea! :wink2:

No one has been commenting lately…

UPDATE: Still no new posts, after 18 HOURS!

Actually I think they said they are not doing this. It adds not much to the gameplay but would take a bunch of resources. You can just handcraft a city and put it down in a module instead.

I guess you are right in some ways…

Sigh This thread is in-active…

This does seem to be the case recently, posting seems to be slowing down. :frowning:

nah, there are always just lulls in activity… when there is new material to digest, things pick up…

we’ll see activity around desktop tuesdays (as new things may be revealed), and of course post live streams… once new alpha clients (hopefully) land in the youtube folks hands, there will be a rash of new members, and a ton of new questions being asked…

its all cyclic… :smiley:

Yeah, I guess you’re right…

case in point, tons of activity tonight! :smiley:

ok, last derailed comment…

Adding competing settlements parallel to the player’s own would add a lot to gameplay: It’s like a whole new game type! Yes, it would take a good deal of resources up, but most RTS games do that anyway, and I don’t remember them saying they were definitely NOT doing it…

@JonathanDB

Plus, in the live-stream, they said my idea was good!