An option to have more Settlers

So what I was thinking was that maybe instead of one settler at a time maybe it’d be a random number of settlers, kind of like the migrants in dwarf fortress, and you can choose to accept them or not its up to you to decide whether or not you have enough supplies to support lets say 5 extra people. I don’t know if anyone else has brought this up or not so if someone has link it! I just think it’d add that extra challenge or maybe even like an option that doesn’t restrict the number to only person every time. Leave some comments and tell me what you think! :grin:

1 Like

I think that perhaps if you have not only met the requirements for the current day but the next day, you could get the settlers for the current and the next day? I dunno…

2 Likes

I’d like to see some more variety in the immigration as well. Near daily unskilled workers [if you have enough stuff] one at a time get boring after a while.

2 Likes

I would like to see the potential new settlers bring a gift if they are meh! in the stat department to try and bride their way in :slight_smile:

I also wouldn’t be opposed in needing to entice a really, really good settler (stat wise) with extra goods, in order to get them to join.

“-Insert name - is wandering by your by you settlement!”, “Do you wish to try and recruit them?” Y/N Brings up a small screen with goods you have and you can try and use those as trade objects to recruit.
-or-
-In negotiation screen- “-Insert name-, Wants a single house with a comfy bed in 2 weeks before they will join the community”,“Do you accept?”. Y/N

3 Likes

really like this thought, it would give a bit more of a “challenge” in getting settlers, and would give you a reason to build houses (other then the fact its a city builder…)

5 Likes

I couldn’t decide on one scenario, So I added both :slight_smile: and ty!

1 Like

Oh yes! To all of those :grin: I have another maybe like a little event thing, maybe at some random point in time, say about 3 or so people comes up to your settlement ‘gates’ and say that there settlement was destroyed and that they’d like to joint and if you say no maybe they start building another settlement nearby, I don’t know just throwing ideas out there!

2 Likes

If you accept it triggers a raid scenario from enemy mobs? If Decline 50/50 they do as you say build close by -or- They try and raid you?

I like that even better!

What if there was also a way to purchase an additional starting settler with your funds, like putting money into a recruitment effort for your colony? The player would then have to weigh the value of an extra settler against having a plethora of tools/goods ready to go at the beginning.

5 Likes

That would be nice addition!

Ohhhh that’d be a very nice way to burn off extra resources later in the game, I love that idea!

1 Like

Maybe you’d even have to compete with them for new settlers!

3 Likes

So if you reject some settlers that come to your door and they decide to build another settlement they’ll compete for settlers? I love it :grin:

What about other kingdoms banishing citizens and then they come to your town begging for mercy to join?

4 Likes

This could also trigger a negative in that kingdom/ settlement/ town, do it enough times… War!

1 Like

Oh another interesting event :grin: and if you went to war with a Kingdom out of your radius of land they’d send a group of “warriors” to attack you

1 Like