Hey guys! It’s me, @EpicDwarf. You probably know me.
Well, Alpha 4 was released today, and I found a Bug before I even started a game.
Here it is.
Can’t Play Save-Files From Alpha 3
Minor, but annoying.
If you attempt to play a Save-File from Alpha 3 on the newest version of Stonehearth, which is Alpha 4, you will be greeted with the regular Loading-Screen, but with an empty Loading-Bar. An Error Message-Box with the title “Stonehearth Assertion Failed” and with the word “result” will appear in the body. If you click “OK”, the game will immediately crash.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open Stonehearth. Make sure you’re running Alpha 4. Go to the Alpha 4 Thread for more info.
2) This is mandatory if you want to repeat this Bug. You should have an old Save-File from Alpha 3. Open it.
3) You will be greeted with a Loading-Screen with an empty Loading-Bar.
4) Suddenly, an Error Message Box with the title “Stonehearth Assertion Failed” and with the body “result”.
5) Click on the only Button, which is “OK”. The game will immediately crash.
Well, I obviously expected for the game to work, or not because it said that Alpha 4 was buggy as all !@#$
Empty Loading-Bar, Error Message Box, Game Crashing, blah blah blah . . .
Here is a picture I took with the Snipping-Tool in Microsoft Windows 8.1 Update 1.
Versions and Mods:
Stonehearth Alpha Version 4.20 - No 3rd Party Attachments or Mods.
Operating System Version:
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Update 1 64-Bit - Build 9600
Operating System Manufacturer:
System Version Y510P Notebook - 20217
Lenovo Group LTD
System Processor Version
Intel CORE i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2401 Mhz 4 Cores 8 Logical Processors
System Processor Manufacturer
LENOVO 74CN44WW (V3.05, 9/18/2013
Lenovo Group LTD
nVidia GEFORCE 780M
Well, that’s all, I have to say, and damn. That’s a huge Bug-Report for a small Anomaly.