Assertion Failed CTD

Summary:

After having played the new alpha a little while, I just have to load my save to get this.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load save
  2. ??? wait
  3. Profit! CTD

Expected Results:

No error
Actual Results:

Game freezes with a windows popup

Notes:

Attachments:
save

Version Number and Mods in use:

latest steam alpha, few templates, no mods

System Information:

DOWNLOAD

1 Like

Hi @Nossie :slight_smile:

Could you upload your savefile?
To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

1 Like

Thanks for the message, when I posted originally I was going to go back and add the files, but couldn;t find the upload button - wasn’t sure if I was old enough yet on the forum.

But there you go - I load the save, wait a few mins and it crashes out with that error referencing files on someone elses computer

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll take a look.

2 Likes

Thanks, just to confirm build 3181 does the same.

Summary:
StoneHearth Assertion Failed

Steps to reproduce:

1. Uncertain. Currently building the new RC Forge in a corner. Just finished Wolves plot.

Actual Results: Game freezes. unresponsive

Notes:

stonehearth.log (280.5 KB)

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: 3181

System Information: Win 10
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
DX12

yop, got the same one

@arthur, what were you doing when the error occurred? Were you also in the process of building?

I also got this bug,
Started the game normal. after 10 min playing the game bugged out and i had to restart my pc.

Thanks guys! The error in mob.cpp:125 has been fixed for the next build.

In the save from @Nossie, there’s a patrol party stuck near the window which was another symptom of the problem.

4 Likes

@Albert

Hey, yeah that has fixed it for me – I don’t think they had been there long but I never noticed that bugged out patrol, there were also 2 farmers too, they were all stuck in the beds.