My wisteria tree model

Hey!! Thanks a lot! :merry: You know, I still have no idea what I’m doing, so… The results and mistakes speak for that :sweat_smile:

Next time, I’m going to think before opening a random software to model something :sweat_smile:

Thanks again!!

voxelshop and magicavoxel are the best free editors.

Got it and got it! :merry: I Also got Stonevox. I’ll try what feels best to use before I go on another modeling spree, lol.

No problem! It’s still quite usable in the new form though, it’s literally one line of code to enhance their size to usable levels.

YAY! I’m victorious! It’s just as I’ve imagined it to be :blush:

I’ve read that for trees it’s the mixins that set the scaling.

lookin good!

OMG!!! The Level of gorgeousness!!!

Amazing :open_mouth:
You planned to add it to the game? With a mod?

Yeah! :merry: I’d love to make it into a full blown mod! The vision is, that you would be able to get the seeds from a merchant, learn how to grow them and farm the tree. Then you would be able to place down the potted seedlings and see them grow. A grown tree could be cut down and yield normal seeds which you can plant again!

I was actually trying to implement that but I’ve found some errors and I’m not yet good enough to read them and resolve them :confused: Now my Shed won’t run and that makes it a lot harder (well… impossible) to try modding all that.

At the moment I have these issues:
a) a potted seedling resists being placed in the ground

release-848 (x64)[M]
...ehearth/services/client/build_editor/item_placer.lua:35: attempt to index local 'root_form' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	...ehearth/services/client/build_editor/item_placer.lua:35: in function 'go'
	...tonehearth/call_handlers/place_item_call_handler.lua:16: in function <...tonehearth/call_handlers/place_item_call_handler.lua:12> 

b) the plant refuses to grow

release-848 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:121: attempt to index local 'catalog_data' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:121: in function '_calculate_growth_period'
	stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:100: in function '_start_evolve_timer'
	stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:28: in function '_start'
	stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:18: in function <stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:7>
	[C]: in function 'create_entity'
	radiant/modules/entities.lua:40: in function 'create_entity'
	stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:67: in function '?'
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:200: in function 'invoke'
	radiant/controllers/timer_controller.lua:101: in function 'fire'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:89: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:89>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:73: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:89: in function 'set_now'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:459: in function '_on_event_loop'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:47: in function <...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:46>
	[C]: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:63: in function '_update'
	radiant/server.lua:66: in function <radiant/server.lua:63>

release-848 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'create_entity'
	radiant/modules/entities.lua:40: in function 'create_entity'
	stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:67: in function '?'
	radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:89: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:89>
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:459: in function '_on_event_loop'
	...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:47: in function <...hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:46>

release-848 (x64)[M]
radiant/modules/terrain.lua:166: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:53: in function 'report_traceback'
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:64: in function <radiant/modules/commons.lua:58>
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	radiant/modules/terrain.lua:166: in function 'is_standable'
	stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:71: in function '?'

c) planted seeds commit suicide

release-848 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:121: attempt to index local 'catalog_data' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:121: in function '_calculate_growth_period'
	stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:100: in function '_start_evolve_timer'
	stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:28: in function '_start'
	stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:14: in function <stonehearth/components/evolve/evolve_component.lua:13>
	radiant/modules/events.lua:55: in function 'trigger'
	...h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:569: in function '_on_parent_changed'
	...h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:141: in function <...h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:140>

release-848 (x64)[M]
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/events.lua:55: in function 'trigger'
	...h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:569: in function '_on_parent_changed'
	...h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:141: in function <...h/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.lua:140>

I really don’t know… :confused: I did mod all of the stages into the game and I did make the references for growth (aka stole all that from the acacia tree).

Ohh sounds strange :confused:

Hope there is a solution for this problem. Unfortunately i’m not sure if i can help you with this. never tried to make a growing Tree

well, ive never had your errors, but did make a tree once (an olive tree for my gf’s work in progress greek mod (not on the forums yet)
then agian moddeled my “tree” after a berry bush. (it had to be harvestable for fruit) so that may be different to how normal trees work.

did you try just basicly copying over a tree 1-for-1 with only a slighlt different name and see if that works? if you can get that to work just switch over the .QB files and work from there, step by step.

I did copy the whole acacia structure. I’m definitely going to recreate the whole thing again, one missing comma can make a world of difference.

Can you share your smod file? Maybe soemone can find the problem :slight_smile:

I think I’ll try fixing it myself first. I’m probably going to make a separate thread committed only to my modding struggles :merry: