My Thoughts on Game Direction

This seems… grossly overestimated. I read your other post, everything you said is “Off the table” is basically the SH being smart and not committing to saying concrete ways they are going to accomplish their goals because they’ve done that before and gotten burned. (See 2013-2015).

I did the math, and 72% of the items on that list have either been completed or talked about multiple times as going to be in the game. 22% Are unsure purely because it hasn’t been talked about much. and only ONE has been axed (Pvp Raids), and that is only because it seems it isn’t going to be PvP as originally promised but possibly another variation. (This based on the stretch goals)

All of this on top of the fact that they could finish the campaign, fix building, release titans, and ship it and it would still be a damn fun game that i could and have sunk hundreds of hours into. (though i would be a little peeved if this happened… please don’t do this team :stuck_out_tongue: )

Go back and watch some streams and read some responses by Stephanie and see where she’s said multiple times that they aren’t going to make promises of when things are going to be implemented or how far in advance.

The majority of your concerns are about things that haven’t even come to light yet. For instance, the building editor. We don’t even have our hands on it and conjecture and theory about how awful it seems is being thrown around like fact.

I get the worry because the game isn’t falling in line exactly as a few people want it to, and it’s your right to voice your concern about that worry as a paying customer. I just feel like I’ve been a part of this development long enough and worked in the field long enough, and been apart of early access that have taken longer than Stonehearth (Ie: Kenshi, which is turning out fantastic btw) to see that they are constantly delivering on the development front (to varying degrees of intensity) and not breaking from the spirit of the kickstarter.

So all in all… i’m pretty chill about it. Go team. :smiley:

5 Likes