Music Suggestions

in the event they help spark some additional conversation, here are some notable comments from the Dev Blog:

Based on this, I think I would assume your town can have a Spring Festival (Hence Spring Festival Theme.) Perhaps you should make some kind of party music or marriage music? Also, you can have different music based on your town. If your town is rich, it could be like classical and elegant music. If your town is a military town, it could be some kind of march music? Just some suggestions, the sneak peeks are amazing! Especially love the Spring Festival Theme.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback and get sneak peaks. I enjoyed Summer Day Theme and Spring Festival Theme. The Dungeon Theme I am not sold on though, it feels like it’s from a cartoon and doesn’t give me a dungeon vibe. It feels very light hearted and I don’t think that would fit with a dungeon, dungeons are meant to feel dangerous like it’s life or death type thing. I may just be an odd one out and either way I’ll still love you guys, I hope it makes you think at least.
Thanks. =)

I like the idea of horns and shakers during Winter, but maybe a light, muted sound, like its muffled against the snow, or some xylophones to reflect the fragile, cold, yet light theme of ice.

As for the seasonal music, take for example what Banjo Kazooie’s level of Click Clock Woods. There were the four seasons, as well as different music.

If you need a reference, here is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXoaTcf_3vo

The music example are very good. So you are her also on the right track (i didnt like the one in the middel because it had no peaks but still very relaxing).

I like all Idea but i would put them in a ordner:

1.Dynamic Music
Because: Every game has Dynamic Music it is also some kind of gameplay because it is a notification about that something happend.

1. Seasonal Music
    The Game is a city builder of some kind of it need to have nice music or the people will very soon shut it (the music) down so if you add for each Season music you will have a stronger variety.
  1. Camera Location
    Camera is a nice feature but not essitenzial for the game himself. Sure you can do that but keep it basis dont focus to much on the details when the mainpart is not done. Or you will soon lose focus what was importend and what was not.

I’m definitely looking forward to dynamic and camera-based music–I would agree with having more than just the two “outcome” musical styles post-conflict (as you mentioned, happy and sad). Are you planning to have some sort of chart/matrix to determine a greater range of “outcomes” (For example, distraught → disheartened → nervous → content → celebratory)? Perhaps the music played could be determined by the total damage given vs. received and total units lost (maybe as a percentage of your total population?) I’m interested to see what would come up. The more musical variety for combat, the better!

2 Likes