Music Notes (harhar)

I don’t see an audio-specific section, and (most of) these aren’t bugs, so not sure where to put them, so… here they are!

First off, the music is wonderful. Great atmospheric blend between the symphonic and the electronic. Regarding that, the main title music halts abruptly with no transition on game load; it seems a little bit louder than the ingame music, and when a file begins loading, it HRRK suddenly cuts and there’s a brief pause before the saved game’s music comes in. Not really a bug, probably something you just haven’t gotten to yet, but the lack of a smooth fade is noticeable :).

This is somewhere between bug and tuning: the combat music will suddenly kick in for no apparent reason, then go away. Sometimes it goes into the “Triumphant!” after-combat music, sometimes the regular music resumes. I think it might be triggering on monster-to-monster combat beyond sight radius; I have scanned around the perimeter when it happens, and mostly haven’t seen anything at all. Once or twice I’ve caught a glimpse of goblins, or golem pebbles, marching off elsewhere at the very edge of vision.

This is just my inner foley being a pain: the Blacksmith makes excellent, Blacksmithish hammering sounds. For everything. Including smelting ingots. It’s probably many years of WoW conditioning my ears, but I’m pretty sure you don’t hammer ore to make ingots ;). unless you hit it really hard

That’s all I had really, but wasn’t sure where to add them. Thanks!

Oops: current Steam Dev build, dev-2876 (x64)

2 Likes

Not as bad as it used to be, believe me, but I do think it is still a bit louder.

[quote=“spacefiddle, post:1, topic:20695”]
when a file begins loading, it HRRK suddenly cuts and there’s a brief pause before the saved game’s music comes in
[/quote]That’s always annoyed me but I’ve never bothered to mention it. I don’t know if there is a solution with their custom engine but if there is it would be great. I wouldn’t even mind a sudden switch in music as much as I do that brief silence.

Well, with iron you kind of do during the refining process, but that also involves a bloomery and charcoal and ton of extra stuff. So I’d say for Stonehearth’s simplistic smelting hammering’s probably not the way to go. Bellows noises for the forge would be great!

3 Likes