Murderous Trees - Or How my Carpenter Met Karma

I did search for this, but didn’t see it come up. Apologies if this is a duplicate.

I originally thought I’d had a new hearthling spawn in a tree and subsequently die, however this was not the case. Somehow, my Carpenter got himself stuck in the top of the tree, and died.

I remember an error popping up at the time, but didn’t think to screenshot it. I really have no idea why my carpenter would have been there, as he’d been happily making chairs not a few minutes earlier.

I’m running the Steam version of 294 x 64.

System Specs:

Intel i7-3770 3.4Ghz
16 Gigs RAM
GeForce GTX 770
Corsair Force 3 SSD
Windows 7 64x

6 Likes

looks like weresheep mischief to me…:wink:

5 Likes

I totally would have assumed so myself! The only reason I know for sure it was the carpenter, is that mine was gone and the saw was under the tombstone. It was a sad day, for he was a master of his craft.

@Dwalus’ murderous ents have invaded Stonehearth!!! There is no hope!!! Run for your lives!!!

5 Likes

Are you sure it’s not starvation?

Is… is starvation even a thing in this game? I’ve forgotten, and I’ve never run into it myself…

1 Like

No no no, Goblins did this, The carpenter didn’t want to make them beds to sleep in, And the rest well is history!

Totally not a bug, Just angry goblins!

2 Likes

Someday new players are going to be very, very confused at our referencing of old bugs in reply to new bug reports. Oh well, that’s just the way this community is. :smiley:

4 Likes

I know it’s small in the picture, but I wanted you to be able to see the tombstone is on top of the tree. Somehow, he got up there, and died. I never made a ladder up there, so he teleported himself somehow and met his fate.

2 Likes

i think he may have died under the tree actually, as ive had items i bought appear in a tree instead of the open space underneath it. its almost like the itams go to the highest y hight possible, even if there is a spot under that (which makes sense i guess…)

1 Like

We had the opposite problem with farmland a while back, but that’s been fixed.

1 Like

It’s possible, but without an active combat scenario happening, and being very near to the food, I just don’t know how he died. All I can guess is he either got stuck on top of the tree somehow and starved or the tree bugged out and killed him. :sob: He did such fine work too.

1 Like

I am pleased with the progress of my brethren.

Continue on.

4 Likes

theres only one answer, spontaneous combustion…

2 Likes

I’ve had similar in A10 with my trapper - he somehow teleported onto the cliff above my village, and starved to death. Even when I went back to a previous save & built a ladder etc, he never quite made it down in time :cry: .

2 Likes

Kill ALL the trees!!!

2 Likes