Multiple races, anyone?

To be honest, I wanted to almost redesign certain aspects of the game. For example, a race selection menu. For the underground cities I was thinking of mined out mountains containing the player city. The treehouses I was thinking would be built into pre-existing trees, or something of that sense (perhaps the building tool would automatically create a tree-base for the player to start with, and then top it with the canopy?) with interconnecting bridges. For my above mentioned aquatic race, it only seems fair to allow for underwater building, which means that there would need to be a swimming animation and water-breathing for said race, perhaps the buildings made of coral?

1 Like

As I have posted before, these would be “awesome”

I like where you’re headed @Bleede0548:+1:

Should this be merged with a generic “races” thread? We have one or two of those… Don’t we?

On the topic of your “Angels” that aren’t really angels, how about a human species with certain bird qualities? (the head of an eagle, wings etc)

It should be, yes. I completely agree @SteveAdamo

finally on a laptop, so i can search… here’s the thread we used two combine several other “new race” type discussions… im not sure its fitting here though…

Yeah, I’m not feeling that it’s quite what I anticipated…

Although I do enjoy the fact that others are interested in both the Aquatic and Avian race ideas! Now I just have to get used to making character models rather than weaponry/armaments and I should be set. (My forte is programming, sadly. I have a friend who will be taking over the artistic parts of the multiple race mod. I simply ensure that each race is programmed for their unique items/building aspects)

…I hate you so much right now…Ok hatred over. My idea, My not disrespectful to the second greatest animal in the world idea would be a bear race like the ones from Stardrive or maybe instead of generic werewolves we have werebears.

What about some Wookies, eh? With full sound effects too. :bear:

While I love Wookies I must disagree as them being a bear race, A Wookie is a tall, furry humanoid that basically acts like a tribal bad-ass whereas a Bear on the other hand is an entirely different topic indeed. A Bear is a big, hairy killing machine while also being the coolest land predator around Bears have a record for killing wolves which in my opinion is an A+ also if you have played Stardrive you would realise how cool a race Bears can be because who does not like samurai bears (I’m also pretty sure Bears are not Elf fans)

The way I see it, when I start coding for the races, I want almost an enemy/ally sense. For instance; Elves hate Dwarves (but are civil), Elves are fine with humans, Elves hate Orcs (not civil), Elves like the Aquatic race (need a name, guys), and Elves are okay with Avians. Therefore, if you select to be elves, you should get trade carts from humans, while you’ll get raided by Orcs. As for bears… hmm… how about a tribal style Bear race (scaled to match dwarves)? Apologies for never playing Stardive - although the idea of having a BIG bear race does seem cool - but how would their buildings look?

I suggest watching a few videos of stardrive or searching ‘stardrive bear race’ in google images search for images. I once had an idea about a Bear race some time ago and it was basically their backstory and stuff if you want to hear it just ask but if you have your own ideas no problem, The bear race building would probably just be the normal buildings but maybe the bears start in a MASSIVE cave to build their village in because bears live in caves (Not always though, Thats just the stereotypical bear house) or the bears could build cave-like buildings made of rocks. I swear to god if you make the bear race a bunch of Ewoks I will personally hunt you down and kill you,

As for the name of the aquatic people, how about the Octopi or depending on what they look like, It will be easier to name them once we have pictures of what they will look like.

Aquavires? To go fully Latin rather than your hybrid of English and Latin in Aqua Men? :wink:

If you need aquatic dwellers so badly, why not mermaids? or just fish people…you know the kind with the spears and shtuff…plenty of fish to model after, and when I said angels without halos, i meant a human variant just with wings

You mention kahjiit but you then you called Argonians, “Lizardmen”, shame on you!

Yes, skyrim calls them Argonians, but some games prefer the term Lizardman

This is true but Lizardman is very uncreative name to call lizard looking people. Someone should come up with a cool name for them that fits stonehearth.

…I…I…I got nothin, but when I find one, I’m going to name him Marty! : P

How about instead of Lizardmen they are more like Snakemen with long tails, maybe large heads like King Cobras the overall effect would be a race that relies on stealth on scaring their enemies