Moving undeployable objects onto buildings

Hi, When I try to move an object onto a road, it will not place. If I build a new one it will place it there like it’s completing a building, but most of the time it will not move an object there. Best example is the camp standard - they will not pick it up to place it on a road.

The game used to do this just fine, but a few updates ago it stopped.

Thanks!
Edwin

Hi @emomberger :slight_smile:

Recently it was changed so that new furniture placed into a building would become part of the building, so that in case the item gets destroyed, hearthlings would place it again whenever they have the same item available.

In case of the camp standard, since you can’t have more than one, and can’t undeploy it, it’s normal that it glitches. I think that for other items you might have better luck by undeploying and placing them, rather than trying to move them.

Anyway, the buliding designer needs a revamp, because there are still bugs associated with it and it’s kind of restrictive. I hope devs get to work on it soon.

2 Likes

Summary:
Saving a custom building with the start flag within it will make all placed copies of the building impossible to complete.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a house, wait til it is completed. Put the start flag within it
  2. Save the house as a custom template.
  3. Place a copy of the building using the custom template. It can’t complete because it needs a start flag, but you can’t build one or simply move it or undeploy it, because it is a unique item !

Expected Results:
The start flag is filtered from the custom template.

Actual Results:
The start flag is saved in the template, making copies uncomplete forever.

Notes:
none

Attachments:
none

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 19

System Information:
AMD 64 8Go RAM

Summary:
Attempting to move the camp standard into a building that is currently under construction causes a ghost version to appear, instead of actually being moved.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Begin building something (in my case, a shared sleeping quarters)
  2. wait until the floor is built and beds are in place, but walls are not yet built. This may not be a necessary step, I don’t know.
  3. Attempt to move the original camp standard into the building.

Expected Results:
Camp standard should be moved into the building, since the floor is completed.

Actual Results:
Campt standard is not flagged for move. Instead, ghost version appears and camp standard appears under "material needed"in the building designer. Cannot be removed.

Notes:
I haven’t tried this with other objects.

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 19, no mods.

System Information:
Windows 10
Intel Core i5-6300HQ @ 2.30 GHz
8 GB RAM
64 bit

I believe this is true for any object being moved into a non-finalized building. To work around this, undeploy the object. DO NOT try to destroy the object since now it’s part of the house and the whole house will come tumbling down. Once they’ve undeployed the object and put it in storage, they’ll grab it again and build it. It’s not convenient, but it’s how it seems to be for now.