Mouse control, be like Warcraft

Is there any chances that controlling the Hearthlings be like Warcraft? Sorry I not good at telling things, just see the pictures below :slightly_smiling:

Attachment:

I hope you get it :expressionless:

Basically, you want individual unit control? I highly doubt it. Stonehearth is not so much a strategy game/RTS, where individual unit movement is important, itā€™s more supposed to be an economic simulation, where you give generic orders (ā€œbuild thisā€, ā€œdefend thatā€), but the people do these tasks on their own.

4 Likes

exactly, itā€™s more like settler 3-4, banished, dungeon keeper, human canā€™t keep up guiding 40 or more hearhtlings.

Ah, finally someone who brings almost the same example, as I always have in my mindā€¦ Except now Iā€™m feeling old, since you started counting with 3, instead of with 1ā€¦ :cry:

well 1+2 are more bound to roads, while 3 started with the individual walksā€¦

Good point, good point. That eases my mind again, thanks. :smiley:

(Now Iā€™m thinking of a way to make good olā€™ S2 run on Windows 10 againā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:)

Tomā€™s said previously that their trying to avoid the rapid selecting/drawing and clicking mechanics of RTS games. While there might be some way to gather units into a group later like this, itā€™s unlikely since the goal is pre-planning and setting up designated groups of fighters and defendersā€“macro orders over micro.

3 Likes

Who knows what kinda of control you end up having over your military when Stonehearth is a complete product? As long as it isnā€™t APM oriented hotkey clickfest for maximum troop efficiency, Iā€™m happy!

ā€¦And for making olā€™ good settlers run on new computers, look no further than Dosbox!