Mountain Home / Issues

So bought and testing the game as of yesterday. Really interesting concept and love it so far. I completely understand its alpha stage and we are here to hopefully make it better.

So few things I have noticed already. If you wish to try live as a dwarf (Inside the Mountain) Even if you put the beds inside your cave/home it still does not register as a shelter. Also if they DINE (Eat) Inside the cave. Half or so of the population will pop outside ABOVE the cave on a ledge, where i have to craft a ladder to get them back down.

Will continue to play / test. Loving it so far. Crafting system / inventory im sure will get stream lined. There is so much potential here its nuts.

D,

2 Likes

The beds do count as shelter and add to your shelter score, so long as the Hearthlings can get to and sleep in them. As for them fazing to the top of the cliff, this is a weird bug that I’ve only seen mentioned a few times. I would suggest to simply move all your furniture into buildings outside and build roads around said buildings. The Hearthlings are more likely to move to them, since they move faster on roads and thus are drawn to them like bees to honey.

2 Likes

If I remember what @Tom’s said before correctly, it will eventually take actual buildings to increase the shelter score for regular people. However, caves will count as shelter for dwarves, once they’re added for real.

1 Like

ha ha yeah for now I can get away with just putting beds on the grass as a workaround as I build other things first…oh how we learn to cheat the system!

1 Like

Not really cheating, since its what’s expected to be done |D

1 Like