Mods from Tuhalu

Thanks. I knew I was doing something basic wrong, but my eyes just couldn’t see it.

I also found out what happens when you forget the # mark in your color. Stonehearth defaults the block color to black.

Uploaded a new version of the Columns mod… now with actual marble resources in the world. Surprised? >.>

Also fixed the levels on the recipes. Regular marble type columns require Level 2 now… Need to make even sweeter columns for levels 4-6!

3 Likes

Wanna help me spearhead the Increased Work Units movement?
In real life, a blacksmith or mason needs to hammer (and chisel) away at their item for hours, they should at least reflect this by taking half a minute to forge a sword!

Or in your case, a column slab

#YES! THANK YOU!!!
Wasn’t trying to ‘hash-tag’ just now, # actually makes it header text!

3 Likes

As long as it is in line with the accelerated timeline of Stonehearth. I could perhaps see myself bumping up the numbers of recipes with additional materials to represent the extra complexity of the build. Otherwise I’m pretty comfortable with the way it is now.

2 Likes

Added a new mod: more_signs. If anyone has some ideas for other signs I could model, I’ll certainly consider it. Trying to keep them at the same size as the ones currently in game for now.

Found that I needed to add some colour to make the pick and the footman’s signs look right.

The cup is nice though. Fits perfectly with the stuff that’s already in game. Now I just need to make some bar stools and sections of bar and we’ve can have a tavern :wink:

Also revised the iconic versions of the columns in the columns mod to fit into a 1 tile space. They were 2 tiles tall previously.

2 Likes

Added a picnic mod, which includes a table and bench. Thinking about adding an umbrella that you can plant on the table and would cover the adjoining benches.

3 Likes

Sign ideas:

Fletcher
Cooper
Wagon-wheel maker
Apothecary
Alchemist
Herbalist
Doctor
Barber (/ Surgeon)
Bank

:open_mouth: No red-and-white checkered blanket?! No picnic basket?!
Actually… when crates and such come out, you could make a custom basket container to store and move food.

2 Likes

Not sure how I could go about making a blanket useable though. Would be wierd making it a “seat” at ground level due to lack of animations for hearthlings to sit on the ground. Also, you can’t even have more than one bum per seat anyway (which makes picnic benches a bit wierdly large, but I kind of works anyway).

On the other hand, added a Picnic Umbrella recipe for the weaver to the mod. Also included a recipe to combine the umbrella and the table into one piece.

Going to look at making some more signs tomorrow. The trick of course, being making an icon that fits into a very small area.

4 Likes

There’s definitely animations for this, used by the campfire at night! I don’t know how any of it could be set up for other items, though.

Nice umbrella!

1 Like

I wasn’t thinking very well. Of course there are animations for eating on the ground. I would like code that allows for multiple seating positions on the blanket, but I could examine the campfire stuff to figure out how to do that. I’ll have to take a look at it eventually.

3 Likes

Added 3 more signs to the more_signs mod. Now includes a Healer, a Potion (alchemist?) and a Soup sign.

Tried some of phector2004’s suggestions, but the potion/alchemist was the only one I could get close on. Also tried to make a fish sign, but it was hideous :octopus:

2 Likes

Added a More_Containers mod with a handful of container designs. Needs Alpha 11 to work correctly. May have problems that I can’t spot through the current set of bugs with Containers, but I wanted to get it up here to show my ideas.

Added a new sign to the More_Signs mod.

Also checked (and updated where necessary) all mods for Alpha 11.

Adding a Fixes mod that corrects a number of problems in the stonehearth.smod. This includes the current large_crate region issue, the older large_boulder_1 region issue and some items lacking net worth values where their fine or regular variant had them. I’m going to email this mod to radiant so they can see the fixes themselves.

2 Likes

Nice work, love the mods keep it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated the Columns mod with tooltips for the marble veins.

Came across a bug with marble as a resource. If I tag it only as “marble resource”, then it cannot be stored in stockpiles that have been toggled away from “All”. If I tag it as “marble resource stone”, then it can be stockpiled as stone, but it will also be treated as stone by all other recipes that use stone. Annoying little catch-22 there.

4 Likes

I seem to have run out of space in the original post… Here’s something I whipped up today.

Bookshelf Download
Adds 2 new recipes to the Carpenter. One creates a tidy bookshelf, the other a messy bookshelf (the books aren’t neatly lined up).

6 Likes

Little things like this are really cool!

3 Likes

Made a minor update to the Stone_Door mod. Removed a deprecated mixinto file. This may break compatibility with alpha 10.5, but alpha 11 should be going to stable branch soon, so it shouldn’t matter too much.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing a double window. :smile:

3 Likes

A little feedback:

I have the marble columns installed. I seem to be getting a TON of Marble. Like, 1/4 of all the stone blocks are marble. That seems a little high for a decorative element with limited use. Is there any way to get the mod without the marble resource?

But great mods! Outstanding work!

That’s actually a fair call. With marble veins being a fairly common thing, I don’t need to drop marble so much from regular stone. I’ve uploaded a version of the mod that reduces the rate from regular stone quite a lot and fixes a bug I accidentally introduced and just now noticed (marble couldn’t be used at all because it was tagged incorrectly).

3 Likes

IF I could make a suggestion… Could you make the books vary in length? so they arent all flush?