[MOD] Taiga Biome mod [A24]

This is the biome from Norsehearth.
I thought I best split it out and give people a chance to play in the lovely north.

The selection screen

!

The world generation screen (with a free bonus world seed!!)

Best played with @BrunoSupremo 's giant map mod in multiplayer

Remember winter is coming etc etc

T

19 Likes

… And a screenie

hmm seems I may have run foul of an anti spam thingy… no more screenshots seem to want to show up

boo

T

7 Likes

Probably the lonely mountain in the distance

Beware the forests for they are deep, and dark, and do not gladly receive visitors

7 Likes

Suggest you move the category to “current mods”, I think “modding” is more for general mod questions and discussion. Biome looks freaking beautiful, I couldn’t believe the clouds were real, you did a fantastic job picking colours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice man! Look forward to trying it! Well done!

@Moai
Thanks for the heads-up I had completely forgotten about tags.
I can only take a small amount of the credit for the colours here, you get a lot for ‘free’ once the snow comes and all the colours get subtly muted.

@Wouter_Sikkema
Cheers

1 Like

Gotta love this biome :smiley:great work love it

I love this new biome! Wonderfully snowy though it does highlight one of the problems with the snowy days. It looks like there’s snow inside your Hearthling’s houses when you use RPG view. I don’t know if it’s a technical issue Radiant can fix, but it does look pretty weird.

2 Likes

@Averest Thanks :smiley:

I seem to remember someone saying that the snow was a hack implementation changing upward facing shaders. This suggests that they will get around to putting a more elegant solution in place eventually.

The hope is there at least, because they haven’t gotten to the northern kingdoms yet

2 Likes

Do the trees drop seeds? I’ve slowly been going through the forest nearby and not a single pine seed has dropped.

2 Likes

@Averest doh! you just reminded me I need to fix that. I’ll see if I can do that tonight

4 Likes

Fixed the seeds and regrowth also I managed to not include the clouds around the mountain tops.
This has now been fixed but you will most likely need to generate a new world to see this

Snow cover should work correctly at least on new builder buildings, even in RPG mode. If it doesn’t, that’s a bug.

2 Likes

Awesome, so much cosier when the bedroom floor isn’t covered in snow :smiley:

3 Likes

I think snow is a bit buggy then. It’s pretty self evident.

No building vision= Snow outside, not inside.

Building Vision 1 = Snow inside and outside
Buiding Vision 2 = snow inside and outside

terrain slice = No snow at all

Thanks for bringing it up! Looks like it was broken in some of the recent building vision changes. We’ll look into it.

4 Likes

Is it okay with you if I use some of your clouds for my jungle biome? I think they look awesome and would work well in my biome, and I don’t really understand how effects work.

2 Likes

Derp. i can not type. were is the link please. i couldn’t find it.

Hey there @TanjBear. Welcome to discourse :wave::smiley:!

Do you run stonehearth on steam? If so have you checked for it in the workshop :slight_smile:?