[Mod Request] Remove Inventory Limit

I play Stonehearth on Peaceful Mode with podcasts playing and study at the same time. Therefore, I usually leave a lot of orders at the same time and check back every 5-10 minutes or so. Therefore, the whole inventory limit is very annoying for the way I play the game. It would be extremely appreciated if someone could make an *.smod file which removes the inventory limit. Thanks a lot.

If you mean making a black hole container i think i can made something like that. But no promises.

You really donā€™t need a mod for this, though. Iā€™m not sure a mod even could, but itā€™s even simpler than that.

[Incoming copy-paste:]

Thereā€™s a very easy way to do this if youā€™re willing to poke around in your user_settings.json. [This is in your Stonehearth folder; for me itā€™s in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Stonehearth.] Itā€™s really just a plaintext file, so even Notepad would work.

So after the last option you have, youā€™ll want to add a comma, press enter, and type "infinite_inventory" : true.

4 Likes

Actually, itā€™s a little more complicated that @coasterspaul stated, as that option isnā€™t in that file anymore (at least not for me). Itā€™s still easy though.

Setp 1:

• Go to ā€¦\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\mods\ and extract stonehearth.smod to a folder. 7zip works best for this.

Step 2:

• Go into the extracted folders, and find inventory.lua. The address is ā€¦\services\server\inventory. Open it using your favorite editor, but notepad will work.

Step 3:

• Change [ local INFINTE_INVENTORY = radiant.util.get_config(ā€˜infinite_inventoryā€™, false) ] to true.Itā€™s right at the top and not hard to miss. Save and close when done.

Step 4:

• Repack the extracted folder, and use it to replace the pre-existing stonehearth.smod. Also make a backup of the original just to be safe.

Step 5:
Profit.

Just note that for some reason, this does mark your game as modded in the version number.

3 Likes

Yeah, it does seem the user_settings value is overwritten now. Iā€™ll note that for the next time I have to do my copy-paste.

@coasterspaul your way does works, and is the correct way.

Because you are modding the game lol

Anyway, I tested and it works with just changing the user_settings like in the post coasterspaul mentioned.

All you need is to go into that file and inside mods ā†’ stonehearth add the ā€œinfinite_inventoryā€:true. Note that each line has to end in a comma except the last one.

5 Likes

Really appreciate this. Like this method so much better.

Can confirm this works too:

Though, this does make me wonder what other hidden options are out there?

3 Likes

I did it quickly to test but somehow it wasnā€™t workingā€¦ probably just a JSON syntax error on my part :blush:

1 Like

Everything is fine up to this point. There is no option using 7zip to ā€œrepackā€, only to ā€œcompressā€ or ā€œadd toā€ ā€œ.7zā€ or ā€œ.zipā€. There is no compress or add to ā€œ.smodā€. If I add it to a zip or 7z file then change the extension, and try to use that file, the game refuses to load.

Edit: I figured out my problem. To ā€œrepackā€ one must compress to a zip file and rename the file extension. Moreover, one must be very careful that one compresses the stonehearth ā€˜folderā€™ that results from the original extraction, not simply the ā€˜contentsā€™ of that folder.

1 Like

If you read the rest of the article, @BrunoSupremo found an easier way to do this without having the mod the game.