[MOD] Hearthlings of Many Faces


@Wiese2007 & @Drotten,

from @Wiese2007 SH log file

Could not find hash for module “custom_citizens”.

I’ve seen this bug before… I don’t know what really causes it. But it will stop the mod from loading. That is why @Wiese2007 is experiencing trouble. It’s something to do with previous versions of the same mod… at least in my experience with it. that may not be the case for you though

@Wiese2007 try extracting the mod’s files to your mods folder, (then remove the .smod) . See if that makes a difference.

Other than that fiddle around with file…

Remove the mod, run SH, add a folder called “custom_citizens”, add a manifest that doesn’t specify anything other than that it require to be a valid manifest.

Try even just adding in other files with the same name, run SH, remove the files…

Things of that nature.

Like I said this happened to me a while ago… I just got frustrated and renamed the mod completely. That seemed to correct the issue.

Thinking about it, perhaps someone could file a bug report for Radiant to take a look at. I don’t know if there is a topic about this. :wink:


like i have tell the new version of the mod works now fine :wink: BUT THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help :smiley:


I was curious about it, I first thought that was the cause of why it didn’t work. But then I noticed that I too had that message in my own log file and it still worked fine.

It sure is an enigma, perhaps a report should be made of this, like you said. :smile:

Anyway, I’m glad you got it to work @Wiese2007. :blush:


^^ have you read my question upside? ^^

one question where i can change the name of the bodys? like body1/2 etc? i cant find this as propername ^^


Ah sorry, I missed it!

Those names are taken from stonehearth/entities/humans/ and then from all the json files found under male_1, female_1, etc etc.

You could attempt to change the names of those with a mod, but then you’d also have to change the names of the .qb files they are pointing to. :wink:


ähm nope ^^ in the qb files are never names :wink: only the outsidename and the links in the json ^^ sooo now its all german :wink: THX

ok: the girls are completed and works perfect - now the mens ^^

ok men 1 and 3 gives me now a little difficult :wink: issue resolved - i was to energetically and have translated to much :wink:


Alright! In preperation for Alpha 11 I’ve updated the mod so it’s compatible with Alpha 10.5.

I’ve also renamed the mod to Homf, an acronym for Hearthlings of Many Faces.


Will there be an update for Alpha 12?


Oops, I did manage to get it working for Alpha 12 before, but forgot to upload the changes. Thanks for the reminder!
Updated the links in the OP.


AMAZING work. Thank you very much for this!


Nice work! You should put this on Praise DB


@Drotten Found a bug: character names get cut off at 4 to 6 letters.


@Shizuyori : You should probably make that a link, if that’s some sort of website. (Not that people usually want to upload their mods to multiple websites, of course…) I have no idea what “Praise DB” means…and neither does Google. :wink:


Ok, http://praisedb.x10.bz


Could you please post a screenshot of the error? I can’t seem to repro the error, thanks!

@Shizuyori, I uploaded the mod there now.


Nice looks awesome :smiley:

ps. what category do you think would be a good identifier for it? i’ll add it.


I don’t really mind the category it’s currently in, but if you do manage to add a suitable one later on feel free to change it to that then.


at the moment i try again to translate it to german but at the moment i search for a better way as to add the renamed heads etc to the stonehearth.smod ^^ aliases should not work … overides also not … hmmmmm any ideas?

edit: ok change paths of the files doesnt work … ^^
edit2: ok my tries to add them to your mod and link them are failed - looks like there is no other way as to addt them to the stonehearth.smod …
edit3: okkkk overrides works xD
edi4: hmmm i dont know why but it works only for female1 ?


@Drotten: Here ya go.

That was Tinsa, Kirsteg, Lorhag, Grimix, Belrain, Daisy, (and not pictured: Arlind)-- so basically, everyone’s last letter was cut off somehow. (I use the characters everywhere in games, so I couldn’t have mistyped them-- not to mention, mistyped all 6 of them in this one instance in the same exact manner, missing the last letter only on every character… Seems like a highly improbable series of typos.)


Ah I see it now and I get it myself, I’m pretty sure where the error is but it’s too late for me here so the fix won’t be up today I’m afraid. Though you can still change their names by opening up the hearthling’s character sheet and selecting his/her name. :wink:

@Wiese2007, yeah that's a tough one. The problem is that it's not just applied to the stonehearth mod as it takes all the model files from a faction; even from other mods. So overriding the file names would only work for the factions that uses the human models from the main stonehearth mod.