Mob aggro on Alpha 21 latest-3378

Summary:

Upon loading a save from the previous latest version, everything seemed fine except I encountered a problem where every mob locks on the first heartling they see and never stops going after them. They also outright ignore the knights ability to taunt them. Usually any damage on a mob will redirect them to retaliate on the attacker.

I play on Hard-mode and having 4 archers and an Ogre simply ignoring my army and jumping on my poor inocent villager is simply not fair.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Savegame created on previous latest release?
  2. Overwrite to latest-3378?

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes:
The steps are simply what “might” be the problem in my eyes.

To clarify in case, the problem did not occur at all until I installed the latest-3378 build. Earlier during the day everything was fine.
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 21 Latest-3378
Locks of many Hair
Hearthling of many faces
System Information:

This could be fairly significant. Please attach a save file to help with this, @Naltraz.

@Relyss maybe take a look if the save is attached?

1 Like

Preferably the save from the previous version…

… Also, welcome to the forums @Naltraz

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

The steps are simply to get the monsters to see your citizens before your combat units (given they each have a different sight distance). Then you will see a hearthling / pet running away, being chased by a monster, who’s being chased by one or more combat units. It’s fun to see them chasing each other but it makes a really horrible combat experience.

This bug will be fixed before stable. So sorry for breaking the aggro! :confounded:

2 Likes

Just going to confirm this is happening in a new save as well. The monsters will focus on the first hearthling it sees even with other units hitting it.

Here is my savegame with the said problem included. Sorry for the late reply, I hope it can help.

1490925601305.zip (9.3 MB)

3 Likes

I’m afraid I won’t be able to provide the save from its previous version state, I overwritten the save literally before the problem occurred, or more precisely before it got out of hand for a hard-mode game-play. I’m sorry I can’t provide more data to help.

1 Like

No worries - looks like it’s a known bug, so the save isn’t too critical.

1 Like

Yay, I’m glad this will be fixed in the next releases. I had it happen to my hearthlings soon after I posted yesterday! :merry:

Especially when it is an orc, the hearthling usually dies unless it can get to the town flag if said flag is behind a tunnel door.

A patch for this might or might not have been pushed silently to Steam >.>

(we can’t let hundreds of hearthlings die over the weekend, the poor things…)

1 Like

LOL I was just coming back to post a question about release 3380!!! :jubilant:

Thank you so much, @Relyss!

1 Like

Let us know if you notice any other weird combat behavior over the weekend.

I will test it out shortly and come back with the result,

Thanks for your support by the way. I’m amazed at how well your team takes care of its game. It’s refreshing to know you are out there promptly looking out for your hearthling players.

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Looks like everything is back to normal on my end, a few combats and all feels well.

Great job fixing it so quickly! Thank you!

1 Like